“Interesting food, reasonably priced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Kabab Village
Ranked #14 of 285 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Interesting food, reasonably priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

While I agree with other reviews that the Lebanese Cuisine is a great addition for a small town like Thunder Bay, it takes more to make this into a 5* restaurant. The restaurant is small, seating not particularly comfortable and at lunch time it is busy and crowded. If you happen to be seated at the table in front of the main counter it's not particularly comfortable.
One of the owners is a tall rather grumpy fellow who could learn from McDonald's how to smile and greet a customer.
Lunch time service was painfully slow, but good food does take time to prepare.
There is a small parking lot on the southside, it was full, on street parking is metered, you need to put more than a quarter in.
The restaurant is located on block south of the Victoriaville Shopping Centre on the west side of the street.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roadrat1948

TBay, ON
“Lebanese Cuisine in Thunder Bay?!? Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We first learned about Kabab Village several years ago when they first opened and we saw an ad in the local paper. While we don’t get there as much as we would like, we still make it there and the food is always excellent when we do go.

Throw a dart at the menu and it’s likely you will enjoy whatever it lands on. The typical Lebanese specialties like Fattouch (S $4.95/ L $8.95), Tabbouleh (S $4.95/L $8.95), Falafel wrap or plate ($6.95/$11.95), and of course various kababs are all on the menu. Our favourites, though, are the Lentil soup ($3.95), Lebanese Chicken Wings ($6.95), and the Kibbe (Seasoned ground beef and bulgur wheat shell filled with ground beef and onion and deep fried - $6.95).

They cater and deliver ($30 minimum) and we’ve had pretty much everything on the menu.

The portions are decent (in some cases, like the Kibbe appetizer, generous) and the prices are very reasonable.

Don’t forget to save room for their amazing baklava. There are other sweets on the menu and all are wonderful. Check out their website for more details. Unfortunately, I can’t remember if they have a liquor license.

It amazes me that people in the city don’t know about Kabab Village. Go ahead. For something different, give it a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“The best in Thunder Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Thank you to tripadvisor for adding this excellent restaurant (my request!) to your menu! I last visited Kabab Village in August, and I was truly overwhelmed by the quality of the food and the service! On arrival, we were served a complimentary appetizer c/w pita. I recommend sharing the platters, to get a full range of the cuisine. (Their business card says Lebanese Mediterranean cuisine, but I would describe it as Persian!). The Shish Tawouk is amazing, ditto for the Fatoush...........really, you can't go wrong with this menu!

• Visited August 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Why go to Lebanon?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been to this Lebanese/Mediterranean cafe several times and attempt to try something new each time. Everything is so good that I keep ordering an extra dish on top of the ones I already love. It gets a little embarassing when all the plates go back licked clean and the waiter looks for a hockey team squirrelled away under the table. I think the reason there are no reviews yet is because all the dishes have names that are kind of difficult to spell, never mind pronounce! Don't worry, the menu is numbered and the wait staff are extremely helpful and tolerant. Here goes. . .Labneh (thick and delicious yoghurt dip drizzled with olive oil that could only improve with fresh mint rather than dried flakes), Warak Inab (like dolmades but better), Hummus, Makdous (my newest love; baby eggplants stuffed with walnuts and peppers) are all great appetizers. The tabouleh salad has way more parsley than tabouleh usually does, (portions are generous so better ordered as a shared appetizer than side salad). I've tried both Shish Tawouk and Shish kabob; very tasty chicken or beef, skewered and served with your choice of sides, but once I tried the Chicken schwarma served on Fatoush salad topped with little bits of fried pita and smothered in a snappy and tart lemon/garlic dressing, well there was no turning back. And oh! I never have room for the lentil soup which all my companions rave about. Same goes for dessert, by the time I polish off all those appetizers, I can't possibly make room for their homemade custard filled filo pastry which I understand is probably worth its weight in calories. Oh for a beer to wash it all down. No liquor license, so it will be take away next time for sure (and not so embarrassing if they think I'm feeding the Thunderwolves).

• Visited September 2012