“Inefficient but great breakfast”
Review of MadeFRESH - CLOSED

MadeFRESH
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The food was worth the wait but I was super frustrated by the slow-ness of this restaurants.

I got a soy-chai latte ($3.50) - amazing! For brunch I had The Morning Bennigizer - all the elements were delicious but still relatively expensive for a casual breakfast ($13). Some of the best hashbrowns ever, I think they were cooked in bacon fat. The fruit salad was fresh and a nice touch but I would have appreciated more; it was only a few small spoon fulls.

The servers didn't seem to be trained to deal with the volume of customers; they were nice but slow. They'd seat a party of 2 at a table with room for 4 people while a huge crowd waited, and it would take them ~5mins to reset and re-seat a new party after one left. For the huge space of the restaurant they could have fit in way more tables and taken away part of the huge waiting area! Why wouldn't they do that - more revenue and less wait time? I watched at least 2 parties leave because of the wait.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you just want a soup salad or sandwich this very casual place may be the place for you. Barebones atmosphere, they could do a little more with the décor, big empty space near door. Some plants etc. Our lunch was okay but it was much better a few months ago. Service was good rush hour was over.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I first heard about Made Fresh while visiting the farmer's market. I was told that a few local vendors supplied fresh local food to this restaurant. Then I heard about it again, from someone who had eaten breakfast there. As a lover of breakfast food any time of the day, I had to try it out! I went for lunch but as usual, ended up eating breakfast! The menu looked incredibly tasty and I can't wait to try something else! I went with a rather large group and we had to wait for a table together. All things said, this is not really the experience I saw for smaller groups, so I don't have any complaints about the waiting. I imagine MadeFresh will probably grow as the business does. The place was packed at lunch! Everyone's lunch looked really good and everyone was pleased with their choices! I will definitely return. My only advice: go early if you plan on making it at lunch. It's a busy spot!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good fresh food with sustainability in mind. Lots of good choices. French toast kabobs were very good.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wrote a review after an initial visit at Fresh just after they opened in May 2012. Today I want to comment on the food and service on their first birthday. Sure there have been some after birth pains but kudos to this restaurant for their great food and service. The people willing to wait for a spot are a testament to the quality product. Well done!