“Wilderness out your back door”

Trowbridge Falls Campgrounds
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Trowbridge Falls Campgrounds
TBay Ontario
“Wilderness out your back door”
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My wife & I have been camping here for years. With the walking trails and river alongside the campgrounds to relax at, it's been a get-away for us. City owned and maintained, the washrooms could use a facelift. But they have improved one of them. They also have opened numerous spots that haven't been used to make room for larger RV's. Section B has electrical and C has that and water. A & D have no ammenities. 2 downsides of this campground are some of the "partyers" that go on longer than necessary and theft. We had our cooler stolen once from Section D. Kids looking for beer. Just remember to put your stuff away at night and lock everthing up. This hasn't happened again. The two women, Barb & Dolly treat you right as long as you abide by the rules of the campgrounds. Glad to see improvements are being made and it continues to operate. I highly recommend checking this campground out. We will be visiting again as we do every year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank snowbirdTBayOntario

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
thunder bay
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I camped at trowbridge two years ago and the two ladys who run it there son/grandson had robbed me when i went there with my 4 year old who was 2 at the time and my cousin and a friend. They boy had some to my camp site with a few of his friends and they were 15/16 asking if i would give them a beer i said no later on they got mad and left. In the morning when we woke up i went to feed my son and all of our stuff was gone, So we had a feeling who did it, and went ot there camper and inside we seen some of our food in there. I freaked out and went to the old lady at the front and told her what had happened how my food got stolen and my beer, and told her where it was and she asked where i seen it all and i told her, and when we went to it she had seen it was her grandsons camper and refused to do anything about it, Then they threatened me and said i was not allowed to camp back there again. A few weeks later my cousin had went back out there and they would not let her camp out there, So i went back out there with my cousin and she said we had to leave, so i got mad and then she siad there better be no more problems this year. I just thought it was [--] that there son robbed us and we arent allowed to camp back there again. The place is a nice place to camp if they got rid of the two ladies that a running it in the summer

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank kuzmal05
Thunder Bay
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This past weekend on Saturday, June 20th, 2009 - some friends and I decided to go rent a site at our local Trowbridge Falls camp ground, as we usually do numerous times each summer. Unfortunately instead of being a great time as we usually have, we were viciously, and completely unreasonably kicked out of the camp grounds, after only being there for three hours (8:00pm - 11:00pm) without so much as an explination as to why, just horrendous allegations, and us being screamed and cursed at by the two women who own it!

The minute 11:00pm rolled around we were greeted by a car honking at us, and then one of these women standing there and screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs at us to get out! Everytime we tried reasonably to ask for a reason why we were being kicked out, we got ridiculous allegations, one of such being that every person on the sight was underage. Even after we offered to line up and show these women our I.D.'s they just refused and continued to scream at us threatening to call the police on us. The worst part about all of this is that they forced us to leave after we had been drinking!

I would completely understand this ambush attack if we had been causing a disturbance, and had been unruly and drunk, but completely the opposite was happening. As outlined on the conditions of our receipt, (which we still have) there were only two tents on the sight, one car, and four people planning to stay the night. Instead of having a good time around a fire we were screamed at, cursed at, accused of being under age (when in fact we're all over 21), called liars, and then after all was said and done, we weren't even given a refund for our $25.00 - and when my friend who paid for the site with her credit card asked for the refund, the owners had the audacity to say, "If you're worrying about $25.00 you've got serious problems, and you're dreaming if you think we're giving it back to you."

All in all this experience has completely soured everyone's opinion on this so called "Business" these women are running. None of us will ever go back there again, which is so sad because we used to enjoy it so much.

We heard what may be a rumor, that this will be their last year running Trowbridge... Let's just say we're praying it is, so that maybe one day we can go back there and actually enjoy ourselves without worrying about something like this every happening again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
8 Thank TrowbridgeTBay
thunder bay
Reviewed June 6, 2008

it was a nice place to camping and the prices are really good our kids loved it nice park with a rabbit we saw daily washroom where ok could be upgrades thou and the store could use a bit more in it but the campsite make up for that they are really nice like being out in the wilderness just how camping should be i highly recomend this camp spot

• Liked — the beauty of the nature the camp spots is in
  • Disliked — the washrooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gracelizz
kansas city
Reviewed November 2, 2006

This place has a lot of potential, and the city is making some improvements like adding 30 amp sites with water. Shower houses are in need of updating as well. The 20 amp electric that is on many sites is configured oddly so be prepared to get an extension.

Now for the good. Abundant boreal shade with lots of trails even going into city, Nice cascades that are good for wading. Campsites are well spaced. Only minimal noise from TCH. Close enough to all necessities.

I'd park my RV here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Site Allocation
  • Stayed July 2006