“Stopped going a while ago”
Review of Magnus Theater

Magnus Theater
Ranked #19 of 69 things to do in Thunder Bay
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just can't get excited about their safe, repetative line up... Tired actors doing the same set list year after year... how look another 2nd rate Norm Foster romantic comedy... or the singing post-mistress... painful... at its best with a travelling show, imported director and artistic manager...

3  Thank Bryan M

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every time I go, I am so impressed with the shows - how everyone who is involved with the theatre mingles with the guests...the place co-creates a fabulous experience for each patron.
Will always return again and again.

1  Thank Behhna
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The play was excellent. The house was only about a third full, which was good for a very rainy, cool Tuesday night. The two actresses were able to change gender, age and nationality to fill out the many roles, but it was always easy to follow.The theatre itself was really comfortable. I was towards the middle back, and had no trouble seeing or hearing, and the seat was fine. The lighting and set was very creative. The costumes were simple, as they had to be to adapt. There seems to be a lot of community financial support for the theatre, and it is well-deserved, if that play was an indication. Nice variety of plays, and I wish I could see more.

1  Thank AtlCanTraveller
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I saw A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline tonight at the Magnus Theater. The music was great, the singer was wonderful. This small theater is something Thunder Bay should be very proud to support.

1  Thank motherdragon
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were in town for a couple of days and caught a performance. The set was really nice, the acting was great, and the facility is very nice. Our seats were very good and we were near the back. We really enjoyed the experience.

2  Thank SLT1962