“Sweet Pea's Simply Amazing!”
Review of Sweet Pea's Restaurant - CLOSED

Sweet Pea's Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Last night our very small staff attended Sweet Pea's Restaurant for an after the fact Christmas party. I was excited about going to this restaurant as I had not been here before. When we arrived our server/owner John informed us that it was a Friday night theme night "North Indian Feast". I suddenly was a bit disappointed as I was expecting to order from a menu. Well folks, it was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had! John was incredible at describing each course that his incredible chef Mariah had prepared. My taste buds began to dance after the first course. The entire vegetarian meal was simply amazing. Combined with such professional service in a cozy clean atmosphere, I came home with a smile on my face. I can hardly wait to go back!

2  Thank Natalie C
Marija H, Owner at Sweet Pea's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hi Natalie C, Thanks you so much for coming with your staff to our restaurant and we are so glad you enjoyed your Northern Indian Feast. Without folks like yourself who take a chance on something new and different we wouldn't be able to do what we love to do! I just wanted to make a small correction to your review; Jon is our wonderful, warm and very well informed Front of House Manager and the business is owned by the chef Marija. We are both so happy you tried our food and enjoyed the service and we look forward to feeding and serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've had lunch here a few times and loved it. Recently went for set dinner menu on a Friday night and it was super good too! Nice to have another option for a gourmet dinner in Thunder Bay.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch and got the special - fallafel sandwich with homemade veggie dumpling soup. I recommend both!

Portions are just right, no leftovers. Nice service. Everything tastes like it's made from scratch and with love.

Wasnt busy when I visited after lunch hour, around 1:30pm on a tuesday.

1  Thank stilleok
Reviewed October 3, 2013

An excellent restaurant. John knows the menu like the back of his hand and could not have been more helpful. Wine was excellent, service great and not at all intrusive, but always available. And the food was filling and tasty. I wish we ate out more so we could come more often. We will become regulars here for sure.

2  Thank elsier33
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sweet Peas is a small independent restaurant in a great area of small shops in Thunder Bay. The lovely flower garden as one enters sets the stage for a delightful experience.

The food is fresh and creative and very tasty. A nice variety was offered, including one entree with meat.

We were dining with local residents who are regular customers so enjoyed even more interaction from the owner who also served our table.

It was obvious by the number of diners that this is a well appreciated dining option for the city.

2  Thank Gail G