“Fabulous meal”

Timbers
Ranked #217 of 301 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a quick meal or a sit-down evening with the family or friends, Timbers is the perfect place for casual, fun dining. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Timbers has your favorite dishes. Located in the Valhalla Inn.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

On our recent visit to Thunder Bay we dined at Timbers with 2 friends. We had a cozy, intimate corner table in the casual dining room and it was perfect for conversation. Our server Gabby was very personable and gave us excellent service. I had the Turkey burger - I know, it sounds ordinary - but it was absolutely delicious - the added guacamole was a pleasant and tasty surprise. My hubby tried the Bison burger/caesar salad and he also said it was fabulous. Our friends both enjoyed their Vegetable flatbread and Reuben sandwich meals. Try the Butternut squash soup - it's excellent!

Next time we're in town we will definitely come back to dine here - very clean, fast and friendly service - fabulous food.

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. The Butternut Squash soup is the best in town. Hopefully we will see you again real soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

my girlfriend and i really enjoyed our time at Timbers. She had Greek Style Tofu and i had a 14oz filet mignon with asparagus spears. The Cafe de Paris butter sauce was absolutely delicious and i would definitely get it again. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and also very polite and attentive to our table. The atmosphere was also great as it wasnt too loud and we were able to enjoy a delicious, intimate dinner. If i were forced to pick something to improve on, the only thing i could think of is to use real candles on the tables lol. Regardless of that we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back to try more delicious options.

Thank you for your review Josh. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner. I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch in this restaurant. The service was excellent and efficient. My veggie melt was delicious and my husbands portobello sandwich great. We enjoyed the meal so much we went to the other hotel restaurant for dinner instead of going out.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your lunch so much. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I took my in laws out for dinner to Timbers as they were staying in the hotel. I was extremely impressed by the new menu. Haven't had a chance to eat at Timbers since they moved to their new spot. I WILL DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK :)

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you Michael.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Hope to see you back real soon. Thank you and take care.

Phoenix Schweitz,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Throughly enjoyed my experience at Timbers. Our server Derek provided exceptional customer service and made us feel comfortable and welcome. The manager greeted us from the moment we arrived and contributed greatly to the great atmosphere this restaurant provides. I would deffinately recommend this restaurant based on great food and exceptional staff!

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. Derek is new to our team and is an exceptional server. I will sure pass on the comment. Hope to see you again real soon.