“breakfast at the hotel”

Timbers
Ranked #218 of 300 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a quick meal or a sit-down evening with the family or friends, Timbers is the perfect place for casual, fun dining. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Timbers has your favorite dishes. Located in the Valhalla Inn.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had the breakfast with 2 eggs, homefries, back bacon and pancakes. the eggs were excellent and done as per requested, 2 of our party had it and ordered differently, the pancakes tasted homemade and had real maple syrup, the home fries were okay, but the bacon was the smallest piece of bacon I have ever seen and so thin you could read through it, and there was no toast with it, I don't think I've ever ordered a breakfast and not had toast with it.

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you McAnn78 for your comments. Sorry to hear about your disapointment with your recent visit to Timbers. I am currently looking into the portions of back bacon and will address this with the Chef. As for the rest of your breakfast, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. Yes in fact the pancakes are homeade and we use real 100% maple syrup. Even though most of our breakfast dishes do come with toast, the Norwestern Breakfast (wich you had) and a couple others wich contain pancakes or bread products already on the plate do not. This may be something we could concider in the future. Thank you for your feedback and hopefuly we will see you again soon.

Phoenix Schweitz
(Outlets Manager)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food and drink were fine in this restaurant......good value for the money on the casual section of the restaurant...... but our waiter seemed rushed and impatient.....perhaps they were understaffed?? .....I really don't know for sure. Our last visit we ate on the fine dining area and did not think it was good value for the money......ended up with soup and salad and one glass of wine for $50 and they were very small portions.

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review on Timbers.

In late January of this year, Timbers restaurant experienced a fire in it's former location that closed the outlet down temperarily until futher notice. In order to maintian service to our valued guests, we have moved Timbers in with Runway 25 Steaklounge. If this wasn't mentioned to you upon your arrival to Timbers, I apologize. This is were the misconception of Timbers having a fine dinning and casual section may have come in to play. From 6:30am to 5:30pm, Timbers operates the full outlet. At 5:30pm till close, Timbers and Runway 25 Steaklounge share the outlet in two different areas. The joining of these two restaurants have proven to go over quite well with our loyal guests. We can still offer great service and product to all of our guests who simply want one of our famous burgers or one of Runways great steaks and seafood.

We look forward to an exciting future with our two great restaurants and what we have in store for them.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My first visit to r25/Timbers and I was amazed by the food-service and atmosphere...Iam a big fan of escargot and r25 and Timbers served me the best I ever had.Everyone at our table was extremely happy with there apps.meals and service.Ricky our server was right there when ever we needed something.Like I said it was first time there but will NOT be my last...Thank you Valhalla for a truly amazing experience..

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I will pass the compliment on to Ricki. As for everything else, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much. Runway 25 is known for the best Escargot in town and it's nothing short of amazing. Because you are dinning in the Timbers area, does not mean that you cannot experience some of the exciting items off of the Runway 25 menu and vice versa. You have the freedom to order whatever you would like.

I look foreward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Hey Phoenix and crew. It is so nice to see you guys up and going after the fire. Great job on servicing breakfast etc in runway 25 until timbers gets back open. Great to see the continued great service and fantastic food after what had happened. To look at you and your friendly smiling staff you would never know. Keep up the great work

Thank you so much.

I will pass the compliment on to my staff. I would like to thank you and all of our valued guests for being patient with us during this transition. Exciting changes lay ahead in the future for us. We hope you all join us for the ride. We value the patronage of all our guests and we will continue to offer our amazing service and quality of product to you now and into the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Timbers is getting as run down as the Valhalla.. not too impressed.Tables need refinished.No pizzazz..

ValhallaThunderBay, Manager at Timbers, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for you comments Sylvia. I am excited to announce that Timbers will be seeing renovations in the later part of the year. We will have a fresh new look and will also be launching our new menu as well. I would like to give you more information but I would be giving away the suprise.

Phoenix Schweitz