“Timbers has 2 dining sections...casual & fine dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Timbers

Timbers
Reserve with OpenTable
Timbers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 287 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Valhalla Inn has a casual restaurant as well as a fancier one (which is reviewed on tripadvisor). Urban Spoon reviews this more casual restaurant. I would like to too.
Ontario, Canada
“Timbers has 2 dining sections...casual & fine dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food and drink were fine in this restaurant......good value for the money on the casual section of the restaurant...... but our waiter seemed rushed and impatient.....perhaps they were understaffed?? .....I really don't know for sure. Our last visit we ate on the fine dining area and did not think it was good value for the money......ended up with soup and salad and one glass of wine for $50 and they were very small portions.

Visited March 2013
Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review on Timbers.

In late January of this year, Timbers restaurant experienced a fire in it's former location that closed the outlet down temperarily until futher notice. In order to maintian service to our valued guests, we have moved Timbers in with Runway 25 Steaklounge. If this wasn't mentioned to you upon your arrival to Timbers, I apologize. This is were the misconception of Timbers having a fine dinning and casual section may have come in to play. From 6:30am to 5:30pm, Timbers operates the full outlet. At 5:30pm till close, Timbers and Runway 25 Steaklounge share the outlet in two different areas. The joining of these two restaurants have proven to go over quite well with our loyal guests. We can still offer great service and product to all of our guests who simply want one of our famous burgers or one of Runways great steaks and seafood.

We look forward to an exciting future with our two great restaurants and what we have in store for them.

Phoenix S.

“The whole experience was amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My first visit to r25/Timbers and I was amazed by the food-service and atmosphere...Iam a big fan of escargot and r25 and Timbers served me the best I ever had.Everyone at our table was extremely happy with there apps.meals and service.Ricky our server was right there when ever we needed something.Like I said it was first time there but will NOT be my last...Thank you Valhalla for a truly amazing experience..

Phoenix S, Manager at Timbers, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I will pass the compliment on to Ricki. As for everything else, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much. Runway 25 is known for the best Escargot in town and it's nothing short of amazing. Because you are dinning in the Timbers area, does not mean that you cannot experience some of the exciting items off of the Runway 25 menu and vice versa. You have the freedom to order whatever you would like.

I look foreward to seeing you back again soon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Runway 25 and timbers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Hey Phoenix and crew. It is so nice to see you guys up and going after the fire. Great job on servicing breakfast etc in runway 25 until timbers gets back open. Great to see the continued great service and fantastic food after what had happened. To look at you and your friendly smiling staff you would never know. Keep up the great work

Thank you so much.

I will pass the compliment on to my staff. I would like to thank you and all of our valued guests for being patient with us during this transition. Exciting changes lay ahead in the future for us. We hope you all join us for the ride. We value the patronage of all our guests and we will continue to offer our amazing service and quality of product to you now and into the future.

Edmonton, Canada
“Not like it used to be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Timbers is getting as run down as the Valhalla.. not too impressed.Tables need refinished.No pizzazz..

Visited November 2012
ValhallaThunderBay, Manager at Timbers, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for you comments Sylvia. I am excited to announce that Timbers will be seeing renovations in the later part of the year. We will have a fresh new look and will also be launching our new menu as well. I would like to give you more information but I would be giving away the suprise.

Phoenix Schweitz
(Outlets Manager)
northern ontario
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staff great food ....average.

The food is at best average absolutely nothing special at all actually for how busy it is you'd think it was much better, I think it's simply busy due to convenience.

Visited September 2012
ValhallaThunderBay, Manager at Timbers, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Sorry to hear about your dissapointment on your last visit. I am not quite sure what you had on your last visit but insist that on your next visit, you give Timbers another try. We have a great variety of items on our menu. You may find a favorite or two that will keep you comming back.

Phoenix Schweitz