“Friday lunch with the Boys”
Review of the Sovereign Room

the Sovereign Room
Ranked #16 of 296 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This little hot spot is my favorite lunch spot in town.
Their ever changing menu shows a lot of ingenuity and imagination.
The wait staff are ever so friendly.

1  Thank Brian H
There are newer reviews for the Sovereign Room

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Good quality food, efficient service during busy period on a Friday. Very nice mushroom/leek soup and chicken wrap with generous serving of salad. Doesn't look like much from the outside but it's worth going inside. Basic decor - nothing fancy, but lots of happy dinners. I'm ready to go back and try dinner.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Two of us went and started with the jalapeño empanadas. They were very good. I ordered the spanish pizza and my friend the halibut and crag cake. The pizza was average and came as on a rectangular sheet. The crab cake was one cake with no visible halibut. My friend said it was alright but the portion size was small and not a good value.

The service wasn't good, the place was full and there were only two servers. It took us almost 10 minutes to get a drink order taken. The staff was friendly.

I received a few recommendations from locals for this place but it was a bit of a let down as they had built it up to be something special.

If you want something different from chain food worth a try.

2  Thank Ate G
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Everything I have tried at the sov is amazing....jalapeño empanadas are divine!! A must try if you've never been!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to the Soveregn Room with a large group of friends, we were loud and hard to service. Our waitress was very patient, polite and helpful. The atmosphere in general is fun. My husband ordered pasta which was really tasty but the portion was really smaller than a normal portion. I tried wings with 2 different flavour. I did not like the flavours but wings were good in general. I will definitely go back to try burgers, they look really good.