“Excellent Food & Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

the Sovereign Room
Ranked #16 of 285 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We've ended up here on many nights. Celebrating birthdays or just celebrating the weekend. The food is always amazing. I've tried many of the items on the menu but love their nachos and french fries! On one occasion I got to try their homemade clamato in a Sov special Cesar... I hope they have that again!

• Visited December 2012

Apleton
“Listen to the locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This place was recommended to us by the bartender at one of the pubs we stopped at, and later by many more locals.
Heads up, this place is pretty small, so if you're coming here with a few people, you may have to wait a little bit.
I loved the environment and all the staff members were cool amd friendly. They have an extensive variety of beers and can mix pretty much everything for you. We also tried couple of things off the menu which were Cauliflower and Riccotta Cheese Fritters and Poutine. OMG!!! We loved both of those appetizers so much I wished we had an opportunity to go back for some more. I don't know what makes Poutine at the Sovereign Room so different, but it's definitely DIFFERENT and you will want to lick you plate. The fritters were outstanding too, and hey, it's a vegetable, so technically a healthy food choice:)

I loved their collection of VHS tapes. They play movies on demand, and as you can imagine, have quite a few classics in that collection.

Visited December 2012
Dryden, Canada
“Pretty cool place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I would have liked the menu to have some more options. The food was very good, big portions and homemade from what I could tell. Atmosphere was relaxed and the staff were friendly. Not my fave place overall but I will probably return to try some other selections!

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Thunder Bay's Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friends & I went for our Christmas get together. One of them had been before & recommended it. Atmosphere. rustic pub style .. very crowded ( good sign) Very unusual menu selection. Two of us ordered the Sovereign Burger/ homemade fries ( by far, the absolute best burger I have had anywhere ,, so moist, and a very delicious taste! The other friend ordered the Sausage & Sweet Potatoe Latkes made with maple apple cream and corn chutney, while the 4th had the Spanish Pizza, thin crust with chorizo, serraneno ham, jalapeno, roasted peppers and manchego cheese and she ordered the Fried Chicken served with chipotle mayo ..( we had samplings of each other's dishes .. we all raved about every dish. I will be going back a few times I am sure just to try the other interesting menu items .. Highly recommended

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank crasher15
northern ontario
“Great place,atmospher, staff and of course the food! SIMPLY AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Awesome place to eat in T-Bay, food is always great amazing beer menu great crowd, and the food did I mention the food...maybe the best burger I have ever eaten.... Not to mention all the other amazing choices! ( try the duck pouting)

I will be back again and again !

• Visited November 2012