“Casual, Relaxed and Yummy”
Review of Ruby Moon Restaurant - CLOSED

Ruby Moon Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Breakfast and Lunch Wed - Sun from 10 -5. Friday's open to 10 pm for dinner with a fabulous BBQ Rib, Gourmet Pizza and Burger Fiesta. Prime Rib added to menu every third Friday of the month. Slept in really late, no worries, we serve Breakfast all day. Come visit the new antique and gift emporium Scarlett's Web. We Cater, free WIFI, fully licensed.
Edmonton, Canada
“Casual, Relaxed and Yummy”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

As an ex-pat of Thunder Bay, I always enjoy coming home and trying local restaurants away from the usual chains. On my first day back, my girlfriend took me Ruby Moon, located in Port Arthur (Thunder Bay North), on Court Street across from the old Eaton’s building. This business is unique in its architecture and as a part restaurant and part Antique store.

Immediately entering you feel a relaxed, casual atmosphere, and my friends and I were seated at the back. I ordered the Traditional Ham Benedicts and a cup of Earl Grey tea, service was fast and efficient and the serving sizes of all my friends were ample. Being that it was brunch we also opted to share a Cream Brule with Fresh Fruit which was very tasty; the restaurant serves vegetarian friendly meals as well as gluten free selections and are licensed for alcohol as well. Before we left, we checked out the other half of the business, Scarlett’s Web Antique Emporium which offers lots of neat treasures.

If you looking for something local; I recommend trying the Ruby Moon.

• Visited January 2013

“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Ruby Moon Cafe was a pleasant surprise on a very cold, grey day. Service was very friendly right from the roaring fire to the cheerful young waitress and welcoming owner. As visitors from Australia we were even sent away with a generous gift-wrapped dessert. Coffee was great. Thank you Lori... Much appreciated!

Bendigo, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little place”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A great place for lunch on a Sunday. Thanks Lori for the good food, good coffee and friendly time and chats. The antiques add an interesting change to the standard approach. Graham A.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Favourite little lunch place in Thunder Bay”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I often have to go to Thunder Bay for work and Ruby Moon is something I look forward to. Picture a sort of dinner sprinkled with handycrafts and vintage goods. Warm and dark colours make this an attractive resto and I would imagine a good place for dinner... but Ive only been there for lunch so I will stick to what I know.

My recommendation would be one of their grilled cheese or croquemonsieur sandwiches. YUM! soups are great too... Help yourself to some water available at bar counter and you're good to go!

Like so many downtowns in Northern Ontario, the neighbouhood has tones of potential with beautiful shells of bustling buildings that once were. Urban revitalization in the North starts with little places like Ruby Moon... local, stylish and delicious.

Ruby Moon takes good advantage of its space with high ceilings big windows. Great hang out in downtown Thunder Bay.

• Visited June 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Overpriced”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

how many places charge you for a coffee refill when you order a full meal...well thsi place does.

Filled with little knick knacks around and touristy type things to buy...the food is good...but seriously charging your patrons for a 2nd cup of coffee,....well it's just sad

Visited December 2011