“very good”

Super 8 Thunder Bay
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed October 10, 2012

room was good and nice, and big.,I like the big tv. I enjoyed my stay at the motel.Also,it was very quiet and I was able to sleep better. The bed was very comfortable for my back. I with recommend my friends to stay in this motel if they come to Thunder Bay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Thunder Bay

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Noisy location. Every night there was loud noises, slaming of doors and general disturbance. On our last nite the police had to be called to take away some unruly guests in handcuffs. In my opinion the police were not called until repeated complaints from other tenants. They should have been called on the first complaint not the last. I will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is on a major street in Thunder Bay so it's convenient. It's definitely dated and needs updating but my room was comfortable and was on the back side so it was a little more quiet. The staff was very helpful and suggested a few things to see. The free breakfast was ok - basically juice, tea/coffee, cereal, muffins, bagels/bread. There's enough fast food and restaurants within walking distance if you need something more substantial.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gyraffe
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Horrible this room smelled bad cost $120 and continental breakfast sucks. The only good thing about this room was the location. Across the street was a nice sushi restaurant which my wife and I ate at (probably the highlight of our stay in Thunder Bay).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I spent one two nights back and forth in this hotel and I my family enjoyed it a lot.
The value-price I received was very high. Staff was extremely helpful in all aspects.
I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are travelling between Winnipeg and Sault Ste Marie.

Room Tip: Call the hotel after booking the room online or write a request while booking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We are travelling with our dog and even she shouldn't have to stay here. The beds were comfortable enough but I did wonder why the entrance way to our room was wet. The breakfast was adequate. We walked to Boston Pizza for supper. We wouldn't have stayed here except for the fact we needed a dog friendly hotel. She's stayed in better.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slovak
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here in February on my way to southern Ontario. The staff were friendly but the hotel is very old and needs major work or demolition. The room i got was very old the bed was a joke. I have stayed in lots of super 8's before and this is the first time i have felt i needed to jam a chair under the door handles. I will never stay at this dump again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo