Victoria Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Comfort Inn(Thunder Bay)
Bob's Motel(Thunder Bay)
Valhalla Inn(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Motel(Thunder Bay)
Kingsway Inn(Thunder Bay)
Pineview Motel(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewswater slidespool viewhot tubonsite restaurantlarge poolrooms were very cleanairport shuttlemain floorgrocery storejoesconferenceclerkhighwaypet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

While likely an ok place for families, this isn't the hotel for working travelers. Very thin walls, active construction on surrounding rooms (without warning from the staff) and an indoor pool that's noisy up to 11pm made it a tough place to make or take business calls. With other choices in the area, I'd leave the Victoria inn for leisure travelers.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank slp9700
OntarioRay74, General Manager at Victoria Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your Review, a few step have been taken to make our hotel more comfortable for business travelers. We have recently added a few features that will cater to our business travelers in a better fashion. We now have a business or quite wing with restricted access by key card. We have also started a new instant communication feature with in house texting. Thirdly in response to numerous guest concerns we are limiting the pool hours to 10:00 P.M. Sunday to Thursday evenings. The new hours will start on June first 2014.

I hope you will consider these adjustments on your next rip and once again consider he Victoria Inn for your business travel.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have driven across Canada 4 times now from east to west; and the drive through Ontario can get very long and strenuous BUT I've always loved the thought that when I get to Thunder Bay I get to stay at the Victoria Inn. For me the place has always been clean, the staff professional, the rooms spacious, and I love the center court pool. The location as well is perfect for easy access to either the highway or getting in to town for whatever nightlife awaits you. Doesn't hurt that Tim Hortons is across the street either.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise just let the front desk know; the pool area can get a little rambunctious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
OntarioRay74, General Manager at Victoria Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you look forward to your stays with us here in Thunder Bay. Please ask for a complimentary upgrade next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

over all was a great stay at the hotel. Very clean and the kids loved it. However when reading the hotels site there was a free breakfast but was told when booking thru a 3rd party that it didnt apply. Next time will pay the reg rate to actually save on the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
OntarioRay74, General Manager at Victoria Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are working hard to provide a great customer experience and I am glad you received that experience. When booking directly with the hotel we are able to offer our breakfast program which includes any two breakfast entrée’s and beverages in Chicago Joe’s. this program is based on double occupancy at our Best Available Rate. If you are able to enjoy breakfast during you r stay this is a great value. We look forward to hosting you again.
R.N

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed the night of March 29th, and was extremely disappointed. Upon entering the hallway on the third floor, youngsters (8) laying in the hallway, using foul language. Walked through a plume of smoke( hotel is smoke free), getting to our room. Left the room to go down stairs, , same kids LAYING in the hallway in front of the elevator, using the same foul language. Opened the door to use the stairs and was bombarded with ice cubes being thrown by two young girls( I don't think they realized we were opening the door to use the stairs) they yelled out the f word at us and took off. Informed the front desk when we went down. When we went back upstairs, ( hears the clincher) we had to stop and let the security person go ahead oh us........not one word was spoken to the kids, he walked in front of us through the plume of smoke, and no investigation was done, we were not impressed. There have been many other issues with this hotel over my past few days here, and I'm afraid this time they have lost this loyal guest. The great news is that there are new hotels opening very soon, so in the long run, I believe the Victoria Inn is going to loose. Just to add to this, we have stayed I a few of the " cheap" hotels in the past and believe me, I would stay there quicker that I would stay back at the Victoria .......sorry Victoria but you have lost this loyal guest for good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sally_travel57

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us on your past stay. I assure you that my team and I are working hard to provide a great customer experience. I followed up to your e-mail with a call to our security provider and a conversation with our night manager. We use these outlets to monitor the property, assist guests, and address any concerns that may arise. Unfortunately we dropped the ball on this evening. Changes have been made to the responsibilities associated with our security provider and I am confident that this will improve our guest experience. I hope you do return and continue to support our property while in Thunder Bay; I am confident we will change your perception of the offerings.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

so where do I start. At check in I have to admit the service was excellent the staff was very considerate and welcoming. When I went to my room I noticed it was a long way to get to and it had an adjoining door and all I could hear was the people next door talking and could understand every word they were saying. I am sure they wouldn't have appreciated that either. I went to the front desk and asked for another room so I can have a quieter one. They were glad to help and gave me another room on the 3rd floor with another long trek to get to. When I got in, all I could smell was smoke (and all the rooms are supposed to be smoke free) but by then it was late so I just called the front desk to let them know I smelt it and didn't want to be accused of smoking in the room, so they apologized and said they would note it. In the morning, I went to the front desk and said for the second night I wanted a different room that didn't smell like that. They apologized and did give me another room that was closer and clean. While the front desk staff was great and very friendly, I felt bad they had to go through that because I never been to a hotel where I needed to switch 2 additional times, nor do I complain about that much. Especially in the room that smelled like smoke. You would think the cleaning staff would have caught that when they cleaned the room prior. In any event, it was solved for the second night. Also the food we got served on lunch for catering was not fresh at all but again, the staff for that area were pleasant and hard working as well, and they did resolve the issue to our satisfaction. The pool area looks great for the kids and is clean, but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again otherwise. Also, the restaurant isn't that great, while the service is good, the food is so so and the prices aren't reasonable. I had this chocolate cake with caramel, and while it tasted good, it tasted like it was just cooked in the m icrowave to cook the batter.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not facing the pool, or rooms with connection doors, to get the quietest rooms. Also ask for a room closer to elevator or you could be walking a long ways.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mjhoc

Thank you for taking time to review our property and I do apologize that you had some concerns with your rooms provided. We are working had to provide a great customer experience to all our guests. We are indeed a non-smoking hotel and do implement a $250 smoking charge along with an eviction to anyone caught in violation of this policy. Had your room been smoked in it should have been purified before being placed back into service. I am well pleased that your interaction with my team was pleasant and that your concerns were resolved in a quick and professional manner. I do hope that you will try us again when in the area as we would love to help you experience our property in full fashion.