Victoria Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Comfort Inn(Thunder Bay)
Bob's Motel(Thunder Bay)
Valhalla Inn(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Motel(Thunder Bay)
Kingsway Inn(Thunder Bay)
Pineview Motel(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewswater slidespool viewhot tubonsite restaurantlarge poolrooms were very cleanairport shuttlemain floorgrocery storejoesconferenceclerkhighwaypet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We stayed there,in 2004, and we said "never again".
The place is a dump,a dive, that doesn't care who it caters to,as long as you've "got the money"(or I guess,if pay-day was on that particular day). Our family stayed there for a sports event, and if memory serves me right, none of the entire group could use either their toliets,water taps, or swim in the pool, because the Hotel's sewer system had backed-up, causing bacteria, and god knows what else to be released into the water system. Wow-fun trip for the kids.And with the size of the sports event,there were no other rooms available at any of the other Hotels for that evening. Just try explaining to a 10 year old the dangers of swimming in a pool with possible fecal contamination in it.Remember the movie "Caddy Shack" with the Hersey Bar floating in the pool?
Management didn't care,and didn't offer any refunds.The smart ones in the group,were the ones that checked-out,and left. The rest of us were stupid enough to stay there,even for 1 night.
Our experience was a "noisy,dirty,Hotel", that I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

Stayed: May 2004
1  Thank snowy62
Reviewed February 24, 2008

My family stayed at the victoria inn in feb it was terriable the noise in the hotel was unbareable, kids running up and down the hallways at all hours of the day and night. and they gave us a room on poolside second floor and the noise from the pool was terriable. the life gaurds spent more time looking at the floor than looking at the pool. couldn't take a hot sauna because little kids where running in and out of it. My 3 year old daughter spilled juice on the corner of the bed we asked the cleaning staff to change the bed and the hotel charged us 33 dollars for extra cleaning some family vacation that was NOT. no sleep for 2 days.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2007

Not a bad hotel for the most part, Rooms were very clean. Had problems with the Television cable and the front desk didn't really "know what to do". Restaurant has good food, good service.

The pool does seem to have WAY too much chlorine in it, As after swimming for a while - Myself + my brothers had some bad rashes. The slide for the pool needs some definate cleaning.. as there's a sort of mouldy-mildew growing on the stairs, and slide itself. Life guards were kind of rude, but to be expected from young kids.

On the whole, It's a great hotel to spend a night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed at the Vic Inn for 1 night in July with our 7 month old son. The place is good value, clean and well located in Thunder Bay. The hotel is a motel-style and it has a huge atrium which encompasses the pool area - this includes a kiddie pool and a pool with a multi-story waterslide. Many of the rooms actually open up onto this atrium area - they have sliding glass doors and can go from their rooms directly to the pool - these are popular rooms, but would not appeal to us because of the noise and lack of fresh air.

We would stay here again and would recommend the place to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2007

If your a First Nation person and plan on staying at this hotel...dont' forget your cell phone along with the local hospitals emergency number.

In August 2004, I suffered a major injury which required medical assistance, (To this day, I am still suffering major side affects).

I informed the front desk clerk, whom informed me that the manager will not be in til noon, (I did not ask for the manager , I requesed and needed major medical assitance) about my injury.

After showing the desk clerk my injury, the desk clerk not only did not call for an ambulance, but the desk clerk did not ask if I needed medical attention or appear concerned about my injury. The desk clerk just kept on informing me that the manager will not be in until noon.

So, a word to the wise to all my fellow first nation brothers and sister across turtle island.....do not and I repeat do not get into an incident or accident at this location, better off driving yourself to the hospital (which is pretty far if your not from the area).

I'm sure the security camera's where working that day and when I asked to have the tape reviewed on that particular day... the manager (after days of the incident) responded that I was not to communicate with the hotel unless it was by way of legal representation.....wonder what the tape had to "say"?

Stayed: August 2004