“Best Stay Ever”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Best Stay Ever”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My agency held a three day conference at this hotel. I stayed overnight and found the accommodations to be excellent. What was most striking to me though was the service. On day one the staff showed up in the banquet hall to review the days orders and to see if he could be any help setting up. He was there within 5 minutes when we called for assistance and our event went off without a hitch. When I checked into the hotel that evening the staff were pleasant and helpful and throughout the three days the staff were available when we needed them. We will definitely be back there next year!

PS. Check out the great pool with the giant slide.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 29, 2012

we stayed here one night and it was very clean and new room. we stayed in one of the inside rooms so it looks out over the pool and there are no windows to the out side.my mom felt a little closed inn.they have a very large water slide.we got two coupons for the resturant in the hotel and it was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good family hotel if you want more quiet get away from the pool I usually stay here
on our way to our cabin breakfast is good has free wifi close to a lot of restaurants friendly staff
Very busy the weekend we were here

Room Tip: The hotel was full this year. And I had a room too close to the pool good hotel great place for chil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
British Columbia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Food was great - bathroom fan didn't seem to work but room was very clean and bed was comfortable - room had smoke in it when we arrived so we told front desk and they said they didn't know and gave us free breakfasts - smoke wasn't terrrible but noticable - but front desk handled the problem really well. I was a front desk manager and know good staff - these guys have good staff in spades - I'd highly recommend this for anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katchatori
Sudbury, Ontario
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm actually sitting in my room at the hotel as I type this review (room 208). Very disappointed to learn that there is an air exchange vent that connects my room to the pool area. It VERY noisy and they keep the pool open till 11pm. Much too late for a weeknight. The room is nice enough but the remainder of the hotel is dated. Still, it is clean so that's a plus.

The restaurant is ok. I only had a soup and beer but the soup was hot and flavourful and I enjoyed it. The service was a little lax and I think my waitress might have been on break because she never came back after I got my soup. I had to get up to ask someone for my bill so I could leave.

This hotel seems like more of a family spot so I would recommend avoiding it if your travel is business-related.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Victoria Inn in Thunder Bay features comfortable rooms and family entertainment amenities with a full size pool with waterslide.
I was in TBay on business and found the room I had quiet and very comfortable. The climate control, while older worked very well AND very quietly. The room was large, the bed was comfortable. The room featured modern electronics with an easy to use alarm clock and large LG TV with USB port.
I saw people walked by with breakfast foods on my last of 3 nights there so there may be a breakfast included. I was not made aware of this upon checkin. I had breakfast at Chicago Joe's on my last morning. The service was friendly and the food good.
For the business traveler, they offer an internet code. There was wired service in my room which is probably good because wireless would likely not reach all corners of the hotel. There is not business centre, only one computer near the lobby and it was out of order for about 20% of my stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the pool or you will be kept awake until about midnight by kids playing in i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Check in was smooth with friendly front desk personal. Rate included complementary breakfast, Internet, access to the water slide and pool area and free parking.

Internet did not work, as it seems that the available IP addresses are limited, first come first served. I had to report the issue to the front desk, they then resetted the router, after 15 minutes it worked. By the time I was done with getting the net running, my kids were already head over heals in the water. The enjoyed the slide..

Location of the hotel is excellent, it has opposite, as well as to the right of it (walking distance 1-2 min) two department stores of which the one on the right opens 24 hours, the other one till 12 midnight. Restaurants are all around, McDonalds, Little Cezar...

Could be visited again !