I'd rate this hotel "Neutral/average" to "Okay". it certainly serviced our purposes - meeting facility and guest rooms.
Do the bad first, I guess; Nothing terribly negative, but the front desk couldn't every find any of our four guest room reservations. As for guest room, the bathroom exhaust fan raised such a racket at 5:30 in the morning I immediately switched it off and lived without for fear of waking the neighbors. Also when I checked in round 4 PM my room was nicely neat and made up but there was a tray of leftover room service food sitting right outside my door. That continued until
11 PM when I called the front desk and asked them to pick it up.
Positives; room was quiet and I slept well the short time I was there. The meeting room was certainly very workable and catering staff did all they could to ensure we had a great meeting, so no complaints there and high praise for the catered meal.
Overall, just don't expect too much and I think you'll enjoy your stay here. The decor's a bit dated and the cinder block walls in the hallways kind of leaving feeling sort of '70ish. But as clean,affordable, comforatable lodging goes, this place is fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel in Thunder Bay, 60 newly renovated rooms, and 2 luxury suites. All inclusive weekend packages. The largest convention and wedding facilities in NW Ontario. Surperb landscaping and just minutes from the Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Valhalla Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valhalla Hotel Thunder Bay
- Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay, Ontario