We had a brief layover here in Thunder Bay after a flight from Cuba. The Valhalla is consistently a decent place to stay but unfortunately much of the hotel is still rather dated and old. I know they are renovating and I will be happy once that is complete.
The staff, and shuttle service were very polite. Dinner @ timbers was also very good and I was happy that they were able to look after us even though we arrived right at closing. It was well appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are Northern Ontario’s full service hotel and convention center of choice that shares true Northern hospitality through its Scandanavian-inspired architecture, modern-rustic charm, and true northern hospitality. Set against the timeless backdrop of Thunder Bay, the Valhalla Inn has set the standard for business travelers and groups alike. Friendly and helpful associates take pride in the hotel and their community. Full service amenities offer a range of choice for dining, relaxing, and for hosting events. Located minutes from the airport and easy access to downtown as well as Thunder Bay attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Valhalla Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valhalla Hotel Thunder Bay
- Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay, Ontario