Valhalla Inn
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
$106
Great 4.5/5
Thunder Bay Inn(Thunder Bay)
$86
  • Breakfast included
1,677 results
All reviewstimbers restaurantfull service hotelclose to the airportshuttle servicefront desk staffbusiness triphot tubexcellent staygreat place to stayparking lotrunwayloungeconferenceweddingconveniencevehiclesauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lived up to it's expectations. Attended a convention there and stayed 5 nights. The staff went beyond what they were contracted for in helping with the logistics of the convention. Meals served to delegates were excellent in variety, quantity and value. Room was spacious and clean. No issues with supplies in the room not being replaced. Front desk was courteous and helpful. Shuttle bus held 9 passengers and was on time. Over all, good value for your money and a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My ideal hotel is (1) dog friendly, (2) great food, (3) room service with table and chairs for dining. The Valhalla Inn has it all. Runway 25 is a superb (but pricey) restaurant; the food is utterly marvelous. The other restaurant, Timbers, is more modest. Room service is available from both restaurants. The pet-friendly rooms have their own entrances into the parking lot, which is handy when traveling with a pet. Our room had 2 chairs and a table, plus a sofa. I've stayed here twice and never noticed the airport noise from inside the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After attending many conferences there over 20 years, it is the highest quality hotel from Winnipeg to Sault Ste Marie. The food in the dining room is superb, the furnishings everywhere are first-class, and it offers huge ballroom and seminar rooms, plus pool, entertainment of the best quality (you can even dance) and huge parking lot right next the airport. I highly recommend it

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first stay in Thunder Bay. Great location. Some construction in one of the restaurants there. Gift shop was closed. Rooms were clean and modern. We had 3 glass bottles outside our door when we checked in and 2 nights later they were still there. Very quiet rooms. They did put a hold on my cc upon check in and also charged my card the 2 nights when I checked out - but a few days later the hold was removed. The staff was extremely friendly. We will definitely bring our family here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Valhalla Inn in previous years on business trips and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is close to the airport and has everything I need in the hotel. I have also recommended it to numerous friends and colleagues. So this month I was on a trip nearby with the family and decided to return. I think this makes me a loyal customer.

From start to finish I felt like the hotel was declining in quality. Overall it is still a nice hotel and one of the nicer places near the airport and the staff are very friendly and helpful but I feel it is declining.

The AC was out in the lobby and restaurant. This happens but dining was uncomfortable and there was no offer of any kind of acknowledgement for the sweltering diners.

One of the restaurants is currently closed and being renovated apparently as a result of a fire. So both restaurants are operating out of the same space.

I had the same problem as a previous reviewer. The bathroom tap sprays everywhere at once. So you wet your toothbrush, your crotch and the bathroom mirror at the same time.

The rooms are nice and clean but are looking tired and need some care.

This is not a budget hotel and is getting close to the line where I would no longer recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family