Seems like this is the hotel of choice in Thunder Bay, not really sure why but I guess because of its close proximity to the airport.
The rooms are dated(at least on the 3rd floor) that is! Couches in the rooms are uncomfortable, in about half he rooms I've had( I'm here often on business) have unappealing odour's, stained carpets and I've on more then one occasion had to call the front desk so they could come and change he sheets on the bed, as on my day of arrival I jumped into bed and notice that the sheets have odours of perfume from previous occupants.
Restaurants runway 25 very expensive and not good value for the money! I was disappointed as 3 of my group were ill that same night after eating there. However I was fine..... But again not good value for the money.
Timbers ....meh it's nothing special, it's a restaurant.
The staff at the hotel seem very nice, and helpful but I think the hotel needs to have a stronger leadership team and willingness to improve, as if another chain were to build as close to the airport I feel the Valhalla would certainly see and feel a sharp decline in customers.
Bottom line it's an average hotel with average amenities at an inflated price, shop around you may find a better value for your dollar within a 5 minute drive to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel in Thunder Bay, 60 newly renovated rooms, and 2 luxury suites. All inclusive weekend packages. The largest convention and wedding facilities in NW Ontario. Surperb landscaping and just minutes from the Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Valhalla Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valhalla Hotel Thunder Bay
- Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay, Ontario