Superior Motel
Comfort Inn(Thunder Bay)
$95
$85
$106
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed in room 9, near end of September. After paying $120 at the Airlane a few weeks before, for a dreadful experience, I wondered how far my 60 bucks would take me in the Superior. OMG I was astounded! On entering the room ( smoking room ) it was fresh, clean, spotless carpet. Walls appeared to have been painted recently and it had fridge, microwave, TV, coffee maker ( no coffee, but we always carry our own ) and air conditioner. All this for $60. Compared to what double that had got me at the Airlane, I was very happy. Also it is so convienient to the mall, Wal Mart and the downtown shopping areas. Couple this with the fact that theres a Tims, just about a block away, and guess where I'll be staying from now on?!?!
A great budget place to stay. Please ignore the Nay-sayers on this one, if its clean, comfortable, convienience and value you want. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tedstates
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I love the Superior Hotel. I live in Geraldton and often need to stay overnight in Thunder Bay and stay nowhere else unless I have no choice. We always get our family room if available and Maria is always so pleasant and so is her husband. The hotel Mascott "Polly" their pug dog is also always welcoming and stands guard in the window. Aside from the pleasant staff, the Superior Hotel offers comfort away from home. The rooms are always clean and fresh smelling, the beds comfortable, a fridge & microwave and coffee machine. What else can someone want while away from home? If you haven't stayed at hte SH, give it a try. Just remember it's not your five star hotel and never will be, but it will leave you feeling warm inside and will make you want to return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2010

On the positive side, this motel was clean, had excellent air conditioning, new bathroom with lots of hot water and our small Maltese dog was welcomed. For the price of $60 all included per night, it was a good deal where we felt safe and had a place to call home for the 4 days we were there.
On the negative side, there was no extra comforts in this motel. No coffee, no shampoo, a double bed (not a queen), no newspaper, no frills. Also, we could not get the internet to work.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We have stay'd at the superior motel several times in the past 2-3 years. Always clean, very plain and nice and quiet. Service could be a bit more affable, but the lady in charge has a no-nonse attitude though she is honest and nice enough. Lack of language skills
a small problem. I gladly recommended to anyone who wants a good nights sleep in a simple, clean motel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank railik
Reviewed January 29, 2010

our Daughter tried to get a hold of us and was told we weren't there , even though we had been checked in for a day and a half , she then phoned her sister and asked again if we were at Superior motel then immediately tried calling over a dozen times around dinner hour only to be greeted by a robot asking her for an access code , her last try and the miserable owner said merely a "hello" when answering the phone .
I have to say that while this motel is clean , the service is despicable . the owner is a miserable miserable woman and we will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple