“Recommended as a budget motel”
Review of Superior Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Superior Motel
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was satisfied with my four night stay at this motel in room 2 and I thought the kitchenette room was a good value. The room was a decent size but not as clean as it could be (don't look up). The bed was firm, having a mattress on a raised wooded frame which I had no problem with. The bathtub did have a mold problem which could have been easily remedied by removing the old sealant and apply fresh sealant .

Room Tip: Do not stay in room #5 which I did for two nights; it is small. For $10 go for the kitchenette
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were happy with our room as it had a separate eating area along with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The room was clean, with a nicely redone bathroom. The host was hurried, we arrived after 6 and he acted like he just wanted to get rid of me, no info on Thunder Bay, not even a map. All in all we were happy as we just needed a place to eat supper and sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jetter66
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This motel looks not so great from the outside, the rooms were great though. Comfy beds, very clean, great location, quiet, good housekeeping. We are even going to stay here on our back to BC too!!! Do stay here if you plan to be in Ontario!

Room Tip: Room # 8 was great!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Junglegwave
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I chose this motel after reading other reviews. I needed a budget (cheap) motel on the way home from a long cross-canada road trip. It did the trick for me. Clean, cheap and the owner was nice. Decently appointed room and nice bathtub. Owner was kind. Only downsides were that there was no deadbolt on the door (I found the neighbourhood a tad dodgy) and the drinking glasses in the bathroom looked like they had been handwashed and were not clean. Overall though, could not complain for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dkqc
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice for $65. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled with a good sized and well-lit bathroom. Included fridge, micro. Manager very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jloonatic
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Cleanest room I have ever stayed in, including 5 star hotels. Microwave, fridge and coffe pot in the room. $65/night. Could pay with Us or Canadian money. A little language barrier with the owner but no biggie. Close to Marina Park and lots of fast food.

Room Tip: I was in room 8
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank rgillMinnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were okay for 80$ . We had two queen size bed with kitchen. Wifi doesn't work. It was okay since we were only staying the night.

• Stayed: June 2012