Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Superior Motel(Thunder Bay)
Sea-Vue Motel(Thunder Bay)
Voyageur Motel(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
Old Country Motel(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
Nights Inn Motel(Thunder Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewssleeping gianta lake view roomold railwaywater frontan older hotelhot tub and saunaflat screenindoor poolcomfortable bedsfront desk staffparksidebightthunderlodgingmuffins
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Rooms are outdated, sheets and bedding are stained. Carpet is old, stained and gross to walk on. You can hear a mouse fart in the hallway, I actually think I did. The elevator got stuck halfway up the floor and had to crawl out. From then on I used the stairs. That narrow, twisting piles of crap they call stairs. The emergency stairs look like they would crumble if you stepped on them.
They had free internet but the whole time this homeless person was using it.
It did have a lovely view of the lake, that I could see from a dirty, broken window of a [--] hole room!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank hockeychronic
Tony_S123, Manager at Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2009

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. Feedback from our guests is important to us, as it helps us improve our service and facilaties.

Your commets have been reviewed and corrective action has been taken.

Our goal is to ensure that our guests have a pleasent and memorable stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Tony Scarcello

Reviewed August 12, 2009

Run! Turn around, go back to your own bedroom, anything would be better than a night with/at Prince Arthur!! My husband and I planned a get-away for our 25 anniversary and his 50th birthday, unfortunately, we believed the website description of this "lovely" hotel next to the "marina." What they fail to tell you is that it is also located next to the skate park and the Grey Hound bus depot. It is located two blocks from the casino if you like to gamble and on your leisurely walk there you can watch the local prostitutes advertise their "assets" and services for "five drinks." The room smelled of moth balls and decorated with worn out, stained, thrift-store looking furniture. Uncomfortable bed, no screens on the windows, therefore opening the windows was not an option for fear of pigeons flying in from the window sill. On a positive note, the bathroom was clean and I was thankful for that since we had to stay the night....we arrived late and there was no where else to go. So much for a romantic getaway! We left immediately in the morning and there was no offer of a refund after complaining. DO NOT EVEN RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO YOUR WORST ENEMY!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bellafamily3

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us, during your visit to Thunder Bay.

I am pleased to read that your stay with us was a pleasant one and that the staff where helpedful.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Tony Scarcello

Reviewed July 7, 2009

Hotel is located right in the heart of downtown overlooking the lake breathtaking view. Within walking distance to many local restaurant and a block away from the casino

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2008

As a traveler I have been in many Hotels and this Hotel is mostly a 2 star. Towels are small and thin, Walls are thin, doors are not sealed well, light pours through, you can hear everyone's speech down the halls.Thin cheap curtains,morning light comes pouring in first thing, Trying to contact front desk was hit and miss also.
If this wasn't being supplied by my employer I would not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TBPM
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I try to stay at this hotel every time I go to Thunder Bay. The old world charm and relaxed friendly staff and atmosphere is very welcoming when travelling on business and having several meetings all day. Stepping into the room with a separate living area and bedroom is fabulous. It is like going back to my childhood home, comfortable, relaxing and warm. What a pleasant change from sitting in a regular hotel room with just four walls and a bed that is the normal room for travellers. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. Food is fantastic in the restaurant and the hotel location is perfect. What a great way to unwind after travelling and being in meetings all day. You can go to bed and close the door to the living space with the couch and desk and enjoy a great nights rest. I wish there was a hotel like this in all the places I travel to. Prince Arthur Hotel, please don't change the charm and warmth you have. You are a true diamond in this hustle bustle world. I would and have reccommended your hotel to everyone travelling to Thunder Bay. Can't wait to come back to Thunder Bay for another visit.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)