“I would never stay in this hotel/hotel again it was dirty, stunk,and overall hated the stay and so did all the children.”
Review of Landmark Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Landmark Hotel
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room was dirty, stunk, the cart the brought out birthday party on had moulded food and was gross. Have pics of all mild around pool and in room. Told one price on phone than charged another when we went there to pay. Party food showed up 1 hour late and taste like crap same as cake as even the kids would not eat the chocolate cake odvasly that says something. I say this hotel/motel should be shoot down or new manager/owner take over.
Worse hotel/motel I have ever stayed at or paid )199.99 for one night.
Never again would I stay the or allow all my children or step children to. I hope people read this and stay away from this hotel/motel it's not worth your many or your health. As I know cause all 10 of us are sick after one night stay there.
Beware plz people think of your health and your children's.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Dolphinmother03

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I check-in the May 23th, my room was smelling only cigarette smoke, the air was smelling cigarette smoke, my sweaters was smelling cigarette smoke during the full next day.....and it was a smoke free room, the shower had orange residues on many tiles..........no tk's when I left, no question if I had a good sleep.......... Never again sorry

My name is M.Martin Hamel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank Martin h
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Third stay here because of medical appointments in Thunder Bay and we had to bring our dog... the shuttle to the hospital and back continues to be a great advantage to staying at this hotel... staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean... we had a different room this time, this room was updated, especially the bathroom. much nicer... and it seemed like a new mattress, very comfortable...

Room Tip: we had room 113, good access to the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank naughtypines
mary m, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Good Afternoon. I am very pleased to hear from our repeat customers. Thank you again for choosing the Landmark Hotel. We have always been a pet friendly hotel. We recognize the role that pets play for families, especially for those here for medical reasons. Again, we are pleased that the shuttle service was beneficial. The recently renovated rooms are coming along nicely. Thank you for taking time to review the Landmark Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had stayed here previously and had not had a positive stay ( Like so many posters ) In Nov 2013, I had to stay here for a period of time, and in fairness, I had to leave this positive review. My room was on the ground floor at the back, with its own outside access to parking. The bathroom was small, but freshly remodelled and the room was clean. The food at the restaurant was great ( I especially recommend the chicken strips or crispy chicken burgers ) the breakfast being plentiful and good choices. The staff were very helpful, as I had to deal with them on a daily basis. On the downside, any noise from a neighbouring room travels through the walls, like it is in the room with you. Now all that said, there is room for improvement, but I believe they are moving in the right direction.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Landmark Hotel on Tripadvisor.. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you have experienced, the guest accommodations are undergoing renovation. It is our hope that we are able to complete them in a timely manner and to minimize any guest impact. Our staff is always pleased to help our guests whether it be with meal recommendations, sight seeing or general inquiries. Our shuttle service is always something that we pride ourselves on delivering. Please continue to review us, we are pleased to learn from your comments.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I just stayed in this hotel for nearly a week while my husband had surgery. My room was very clean except for the bathroom ceiling which had mold and needed a good scrubbing. If I overlook the very outdated décor I was quite comfortable. You could always see someone in the hotel cleaning something. My dog stayed with me and he was made very welcome. there is no charge for your dog staying with you. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful... there is a nice area in the back with trails for walking your dog or just getting some exercise. the pool looked nice but I didn't have a chance to try it out. A great perk was the free shuttle to the hospital or any medical appointments you might have... this saves a lot of money on cabs or parking at the hospital... the shuttle drivers were all very nice and friendly. I felt safe with them driving me around even in bad weather. another great perk if you are staying for a while is the Walmart, grocery store and liquor store right next door... literally in the same parking lot. I ate a lot of my meals in the restaurant of the hotel and the food was excellent... no complaints at all there. The restaurant staff is very friendly and accommodating, especially my server Jody... There is also a bar in the hotel and it can get a bit loud at night, so ask for a room away from it. I was right next door to it... biggest complaint I have was the inconsiderate other guests who let their kids run around at all hours of the night in the halls making a lot of noise. finally had to say something at 2 am. A complaint I heard a few times from my friends trying to call me there was that nobody was answering the phone and I was not getting my messages until much later.

Room Tip: don't book a room by the Dragon's Den bar.. ask to be away from it as it can get a bit loud...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
mary m, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank your for staying with the Landmark Hotel and allowing us to facilitate your needs while in Thunder Bay. Thank you for recognizing our staff for their hard work and dedication, it is much appreciated. At current, some of the rooms on the main floor are under renovation, and should be complete within the next few months. I am glad you were able to utilize the neighbouring businesses, they are truly convenient. I apologize on behalf of the other patrons, for the behavior of their children. I trust that your complaint was dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner. Should you need to return to Thunder Bay I hope you will choose us once more.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is old, poorly maintained, dirty and in desperate need of a facelift. The carpets throughout are worn and dirty. The elevator was filthy and stunk of cigarette smoke. The room was dirty and I am not sure that the bedding was changed after the last customer. Our room was close to the elevator and the noise coming from that thing was unbelievable! I would never stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Mike570
mary m, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Landmark Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are in the process of renovating the guest rooms. This process is slow as we are trying to do it with as little impact on the day to day operations as possible. I would like to take this opportunity to express my apologies that you felt your guest accommodation was unsatisfactory.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked my daughters 6th birthday here and did the party package for $175. It included a poolside room overnight plus pizzas and drinks for 12 kids plus a huge delicious cake. Upon reading all the reviews I was very skeptical to stay the night but being from Thunder bay I had the option to leave for home after the party. I didn't need to. The room was clean and basic with two beds and a fridge (came in handy as my other child is on a bottle). The best part...it was a Friday eve on a long weekend and aside from two others we had the pool to ourselves. The pool is clean fun and perfect for little ones. I ordered a cpl pizzas for the adults and they were cheap and delish!! Very positive experience would do it again. No issues with drunks or smoke bums also didn't smell anyone smoking inside. I think the complainers are snobby cause there was nothing wrong with this place. Rooms could use some updating that's all. :) thanks for making my girls day super special

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank tbayfoodie
mary m, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for allowing the Landmark Hotel cater your daughters birthday. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the birthday package that we offer. We are always pleased when our patrons are able take advantage of the family friendly atmosphere that we strive to provide to our guests. We welcome all input from this site. It helps us to serve you better