“Terrible !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark Hotel

Landmark Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Landmark Hotel
You added Landmark Hotel to your Saves list
1010 Dawson Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 5J4, Canada (Formerly Ramada Landmark Inn)   |
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Winnipeg, Canada
“Terrible !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is old, poorly maintained, dirty and in desperate need of a facelift. The carpets throughout are worn and dirty. The elevator was filthy and stunk of cigarette smoke. The room was dirty and I am not sure that the bedding was changed after the last customer. Our room was close to the elevator and the noise coming from that thing was unbelievable! I would never stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Mike570
mary m, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Landmark Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are in the process of renovating the guest rooms. This process is slow as we are trying to do it with as little impact on the day to day operations as possible. I would like to take this opportunity to express my apologies that you felt your guest accommodation was unsatisfactory.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked my daughters 6th birthday here and did the party package for $175. It included a poolside room overnight plus pizzas and drinks for 12 kids plus a huge delicious cake. Upon reading all the reviews I was very skeptical to stay the night but being from Thunder bay I had the option to leave for home after the party. I didn't need to. The room was clean and basic with two beds and a fridge (came in handy as my other child is on a bottle). The best part...it was a Friday eve on a long weekend and aside from two others we had the pool to ourselves. The pool is clean fun and perfect for little ones. I ordered a cpl pizzas for the adults and they were cheap and delish!! Very positive experience would do it again. No issues with drunks or smoke bums also didn't smell anyone smoking inside. I think the complainers are snobby cause there was nothing wrong with this place. Rooms could use some updating that's all. :) thanks for making my girls day super special

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank tbayfoodie
mary m, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for allowing the Landmark Hotel cater your daughters birthday. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the birthday package that we offer. We are always pleased when our patrons are able take advantage of the family friendly atmosphere that we strive to provide to our guests. We welcome all input from this site. It helps us to serve you better
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My sister and I stayed in this room for about 5 days and enjoyed our stay. We were visiting a third sister who was in hospital . The free shuttle service was a very nice added touch and all staff were very friendly and accomodating. I have no complaints at all with our room and any of the staff. The medical rate was also very much appreciated since this really was not a pleasure trip and helped to get the costs down and as I said the complimentary shuttle to and from the hospital was an added bonus. I would have no trouble staying at this inn again and in room 307.
If I had anything to complain about it would be the continental breakfast. It is nice to have but would have been nice to have less sugary treats. More scones or biscuits would be nice.

Room Tip: Room 307 was very nice, not a good view but, a very nice room. Clean and the beds were very comforta...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wendy w
Thank you for taking the time to review the Landmark Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad that we were able to facilitate you while you were required to be in Thunder Bay for medical needs. We are very aware of the financial burden that living in the north can be for people. This is why we take pride in being able to provide transportation to our guests free of charge to their medical appointments. Again we welcome all feedback from this site as your comments help us to provide better service to our clients
Thunder Bay, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Only stayed one night, there were people partying, the police were called there was broken glass in the hall and someone actually had the nerve to pee by the front lobby. Worst place I have ever stayed! Will never return. I would never bring my children here, and my wife and I changed hotels quickly the next morning, and my wife wouldn't use the shower because it looked unclean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ashleyseji
mary m, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Good Afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor. All reviews are valuable learning and growing tools for us. I am sorry to hear that your stay with the Landmark Inn was not favourable. Please accept our sincere apologies and kind regards.

Travelers are raving about these Thunder Bay hotels

Millbrook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I arrived very cold and wet on my motorcycle. The receptionist was sympathetic and tried to make the registration as quick as possible. The owner? / manager? was there and when I asked for a dryer for my sodden boots he assured me that he would personally deliver it which he did. The room was clean as was the bathroom. When the owner arrived he directed me to the hot tub to help me shake off the chills. They also made sure that i had a ground floor room so that I could park my motorcycle right outside my room. Very thoughtful. The pool was a good size and was well maintained.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It is unfortunate that hotels (not just this one) do not have rooms for single travellers. I do not...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Steve P
Thank you for your positive review for the Landmark Hotel. I am pleased to hear that your experience with us was a positive one. I am glad that our management and staff went above and beyond. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Thunder Bay, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this establishment for a night on the town, we both had two seperate rooms. Mine was absolutly filthy, smelt like cigarette smoke mixed with musk and mould, barely any lighting, totally un satisfactory for the price. If I wanted to rent a room like that I would go to the closest shelter house, at least there you get soup and a sandwich included.... My friends room was no better, it resembled a dungeon from 1932.... All I can say if you are up for catching impetigo, or recieveing some bed bug bites, this is the place for you! I hope you have yourself a freash bottle of Fucidin H Cream handy for your night here!

Room Tip: Don't ask for help the customer service representatives were rude!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Victoria_H155017
I am quite displeased to learn that your stay with the Landmark Hotel was an unpleasant one. Please accept our sincere apologies and kind regards.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

When we arrived with our children for an overnight stay, I thought the lobby and pool area looked adequate. I was proven wrong when we opened the door to our non smoking room, to find an overwhelming stench of cigarettes and yellow stained ceiling tiles. When my husband took our toddler to use the washroom, he discovered feces smeared on the toilet seat. Black mold could be seen throughout the tub.The carpet was covered in a thick layer of dust, and the tv didn't work. We stayed for an hr and received a refund after arguing with front desk staff about the condition of the room. On my way out, I had to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke at the front door, and was even stopped by a native fellow begging for cigarettes.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mommylindsay
mary m, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Landmark Inn. I am very appreciative of your comments and we are committed to making a lot of improvements to our facility. The ownership of this property is new and have been tasked with making it a comfortable place to stay. Everyday we are working toward building a better property and a relationship with our clients. There is a lot of negative comments on tripadvisor about us and we accept the challenge of being a place you would recommend. If you find yourself back in our area, we would welcome a second opportunity to make you whole.