1,038 results
All reviews mountain view ski hill best westerns hotel restaurant front desk staff great place to stay second floor free breakfast pool and hot tub shuttle service business trip long drive sleeping giant beds were comfortable parking lot pond brenda
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Check-In:
08/15/16 2:30PM (14:30)
Check-Out:
08/16/16 11:30AM (11:30)
I had written this review before, but seems that it had gotten deleted. I wanted to share the experience my mother and I had as others can chose another place. I wrote this review, and both Justin lee and Edwin had contacted me. They apologized for what had happened, and I had tried following up on the room to see what had happened . I was first wrongfully accused of not staying there while writing this review, when I wrote it through the best western survey. For us, it was not worth the money, we had spent the following day 20 dollars less at a Hampton and received better service. The staff seemed unresponsive when we had arrived, allowing for us and a couple to feel confused and even mouthing "umm okay" to her husband as she walked towards her room. Our room, the sheets felt as if they were not clean and the beds were just off-putting. The shower was dirty as we entered the room, we did not even shower due to the fact of this. The room was a nice size, but the screen door had a few holes, so we could not use this . The carpet outside smelt like pee or just old and moldy. This hotel was said to be recently renovated but it seems as only the lobby was recently renovated. The room seemed out of date. The plus side that we did enjoy about this place was the restaurant. We enjoyed the dinner we had, the curry bowl was a great meal, and so was the fried cheesecake. Our waiter was a nice gentlemen who made our dinner pleasant and fun . When we wanted to check out, we needed our bags, but there was no one at the front desk, therefore my mother went back to the room to proceed to call the front desk (mind you she knocked on the door to see where the people where , no one answered), As she called I walked back to the front desk and had the person appear only after. In our opinions, we would not want to stay back there, maybe we would go for a dinner but not to sleep again. As mentioned, this post was already deleted, not sure as to why, but Justin and Edwin did contact me and say they would inspect the room and do their best to make changes, so hopefully, it will become worth someones money, but to us, it was not worth our money.

Room tip: I stayed on the bottom floor, maybe ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 4, 2016

Although our property has responded to your comments by calling you personally and resolving your complaint I feel compelled to respond as General Manager since you have reposted.
It is obvious that our award winning property failed to meet your expectations. I had almost thought you hadn't stayed with us when I read the comments about the old smelly hallway carpets as the carpeting is brand new in all of our hallways? The beds are high quality Simmons Beautyrest Pillow Top and our linens are new and of Best Western PLUS standards.
As you already know we have spoken to and addressed your concerns with the mentioned departments.
Again I apologize that our award winning property did not meet your expectations.
Respectfully,

Reviewed September 1, 2016

We were on our homeward trip and it was great to have such a nice pool and isolated location to spend our evening. The outside door from our room was great for easy unloading. We loved that our breakfast was covered by CAA and it was delicious!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded September 4, 2016

We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay at our award winning property and that you loved the mountain setting and views. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments about breakfast on to the chef and kitchen staff. Thank yo for choosing Best Western and we certainly hope that we can serve you for future stays in Thunder Bay.
Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed September 1, 2016

Clean rooms with all the amenities (chocolates on the nightstand to boot), friendly smiles and service from every single staff member I ran into, delicious fresh food from the restaurant (including a complimentary breakfast)... and an incredible view of the Norwester mountains, which I could enjoy from my balcony! If you enjoy nature, be sure to walk the grounds and take a stroll along the groomed, grassy trails that meander through the tall grasses and wildflowers just past the pond with the fountain. :) Having won a gift certificate from work for a free night's stay, I was purely here for pleasure and was not disappointed!

Room tip: Ask for a mountain-view side room on the second floor for the best view!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded September 23, 2016

Good Day Erin,
Thank you for all your wonderful comments about our award winning property. We are delighted that we did not disappoint on so many levels. It is wonderful to hear that all of our staff were so attentive to your needs. I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future. I am happy that you enjoyed a relaxing get a away.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

We weren't sure where to stay in Thunder Bay as we were not familiar with the city and just driving through. We called a couple places and so happy we choose the Best Western Norwest. The price was great, pool area clean and well taken care of, the rooms were plenty big for myself, hubby, 14 year old daughter and mother-in-law. The grounds are nice to walk around and very safe. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was a complimentary breakfast. To our surprise it was not just muffins and bagels but we got to order right off the menu anything we wanted. It was an awesome breakfast. Checkin and out was very simple and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable of the city. We will definitely be staying here again our next trip through Thunder Bay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank C0lleen120
Management response:Responded September 4, 2016

WOW thank you for the wonderful comments. We are so pleased that you chose Best Western and our award winning property. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. I will certainly post your comments for the staff to read. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you in the future.
Thanks again,

Reviewed August 28, 2016

I stay 100 + nights/ year in hotels. Rarely I leave without having at least one comment on either staff, room or property anemities. I have stayed twice at that BW and both occasions have been perfect!

Room tip: request bavk side, mountain view room
Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pierre G
emartineznw, Manager of Business Development at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Pierre,

Thank you for your loyalty! We sincerely appreciate your business and would like to thank you for your recommendations and for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community.

We look forward to your return and if I can be of any assistance making your next trip please do call me at 807-473-2456.

Best Regards,