Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre
Hotwire.com
$139
$112
TownePlace Suites
Thunder Bay Inn(Thunder Bay)
$85
  • Breakfast included
Valhalla Inn(Thunder Bay)
$102
Cancelon
All reviewsmountain viewski hilloff the menubest westernspatio doorshotel restaurantvery nice hotelwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffplace to stayfree breakfastsecond floorminute driveroom was spaciousnice poolhot tubbusiness trip
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Staying at the hotel was a fantastic experience for the three of us. My kids and I stayed over the New Years Eve (a few days before and a day after. It was also my son's sixth birthday. We were a bit under the weather when we arrived and they'd put three gingerales in our fridge. I had requested and was accommodated with a room with a view of the Norwesters.

We upgraded to the family suite for New Years and also rented the steam bath. The room and the steam bath were just amazing. We had our own balcony and a view of the stars and mountains. It was exactly as I remembered growing up and wanted my kids near those mountains for the holidays.

I would definitely come back again. The food at the restaurant was well priced and fresh. The pickerel was delicious.

The hotel caters well to children and they felt right at home. I used to travel for a living and have stayed in four and five star hotels around the world. I was given the most personalized and considerate service I can ever remember.

Thank you for making our stay so memorable. The kids learned that when staying out we respect our environment the same as if we were at home. It was a stress free holiday and although it was too cold at -50 Celsius to ski we were very cozy in the pool, jacuzzi, sauna, pool and steambath. We were able to recharge and get back to my Finn- Swede roots.

• Stayed: December 2013
emartineznw, Manager of Business Development at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Keldanhen,

Thank you for giving the opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay and to recharge and get back to your Finn-Swede roots!

It is nice to hear that your enjoy the family suite and the pickerel in the Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar! Hope your son had a fantastic 6th birthday and hope that we are able to be part of his 7th birthday!

Please feel free to contact me so I may assist you with your next reservation...perhaps on your return you will enjoy of nicer weather than -50

Till the next time!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Thank you to the great staff at this hotel for always making me feel at home. This hotel is always clean, well-maintained and comfortable. The location is about 15 minutes from the airport and there are few amenities close by. However, the restaurant, staff and facilities are great, and you can use shuttle service or your own car to travel into town to access more services.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Olivia,

We sincerely appreciate the time spent writing a review of your stay at our hotel and your kind comments. In behalf of all of the staff "We look forward to welcoming you back home" on your next trip!

Regards,

807-473-9123

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stay at this hotel for work on a regular basis , I do not hesitate to spend time here with my family when we travel to or through Thunder Bay. We are Best Western Loyatly members and this hotel and its location is our most frequently used. We love it. Excellent all around.!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joan,

We highly appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western Brand, and would like to thank you for rating our property and your kind remarks in your review.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to or through Thunder Bay and please do not hesitate to contact me so I can personally assist you with your next reservation!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I travel weekly for work and I usually cannot plan more than a few days in advance due to the nature of my work which can make finding a hotel difficult at times. I found the website for making a reservation at this hotel to be difficult and unclear to use. I really appreciate when hotel staff are friendly and helpful especially after long travel days, the staff at this hotel are neither. The rooms are clean and quiet but quite out of date for the above average rate. It is located quite a way out of town so if you are not good at using some sort of map on your own it could be difficult to find as the website is not helpful and there are minimal road signs (like one sign only on the main highway). The restaurant is ok but limited choices and expensive. Otherwise it's about a 15 minute drive back to town where there are many various restaurant choices. This was my second stay and I was equally unimpressed again. During my first stay I was travelling with a group and one room reservation needed to be cancelled as one person didn't make it due to weather conditions. This was explained to the staff in person and they responded with it would be cancelled and taken care of. The next day after we checked out, one of my coworkers found out that his credit card had been charged for a second room. The staff did not inform him before charging his credit card which I found unprofessional when they could of talked to him at least during checkout. This hotel will not be my first choice next time as I find it is expensive for what you get and you feel unwelcome during your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
emartineznw, Manager of Business Development at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Susanne,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review following your recent stay with us in December. As we take our customer's feedback very seriously I made an attempt to contact you to discuss further details but received your voicemail.

I am very surprised to read that you found the Bestwestern.com website for making a reservation to be difficult and unclear to use as I would love to hear more details and recommendations or suggestions. You may be interested to know that just within the last two years Best Western have won several awards in different areas, including the Compuware Best of the Web Gold Award for hotel website response time, availability and consistency as well as the Last Mile Leader Award.

As for your comments from your first stay with us on September 11th. 2013. It is difficult and unfortunate that those issues were not brought up to Management's attention three months ago, as this could had been resolved immediately at check out time.

We thank you for your business and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Manager of Business Development

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had to go to Thunder Bay for a medical appointment and the stay was very comfortable and service matched the quality of the stay which was very good. The location is 13 minutes from the airport so I would suggest to get that in mind yet they supply a shuttle service and if your travel times are out of there schedule times they will give a taxi voucher. They will arrange for the taxi and it is always on time

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
emartineznw, Manager of Business Development at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Michael O.

Thank you for your time and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that your stay was very comfortable and that you enjoyed the services to include our shuttle services.
We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel!

Manager of Business Development