We just got home from a weekend stay at the Nor'Wester with our hockey team. The staff was so rude, especially the evening staff. We tried to book the party room by the pool and were told that we HAD to order food from the restaurant, and couldn't bring outside food in. Fine, we can understand that they want to make even more money off us, and that pizza from Little Ceasars would take money away from them. The restaurant doesn't even open until 7 a.m. so there is no way you can eat breakfast before the first game of the day. Thank goodness Robins is just down the road. The doors of the rooms don't close on their own. You need to tug at the door to close it, which causes a huge bang when it shuts, which makes us feel bad when we are going out early in the morning.
The WORST part of the trip was the pool. ALL of our kids ended up with chemical burns from the pool. My 5-year old had welts on his back where his lifejacket touched, and on his legs, especially behind his knees. An 8-year old girl had eyes so red, that it looked like she was wearing a mask! Another 9-year old boy required Benadryl to control the wheezing and redness to try to counter the effects of the pool. A 10-year old boy, and a 9-year old girl had red marks on their faces that looked like they had been burned. Absolutely unacceptable. Based on our experience, we will NEVER stay there again. So, considering we had 11 rooms booked for our team, the Nor'Wester can count on never having our business again. Since we come down for a couple of tournaments a year, plus our coaches also coach younger siblings (so those teams won't stay here either), I would say that the will be missing out on quite a bit of business.
So if you are looking for a hotel to stay at with your hockey team, try the Valhalla. Their rates are cheaper and they throw in a free pizza party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this newly renovated Thunder Bay, Ontario hotel offering full-service accommodations near Fort William Historical Park, Loch Lommond ski resort, Thunder Bay Tournament Centre, and Kamview Nordic Ski Centre. Whether traveling for business or for pleasure, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Nor'Wester Hotel & Conference Centre has it all! Featuring an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, private steam and sauna rooms, and a full scale fitness centre. Situated in beautiful Thunder Bay, Ontario, this hotel provides guests with exceptional customer service, superb full-service amenities and an unbeatable Nor'Wester Mountain location, only 7 minutes from downtown. Guests will be treated to spacious guest rooms featuring cable television, Flat Screen TV's, Fridges, and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Suites are also available to accommodate the entire family. For a more comfortable stay on the road, our well appointed standard rooms or our luxurious suites will meet or exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Best Western, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Nor`Wester Hotel And Conference Centre
- Best Western Thunder Bay
- Thunder Bay Best Western
- Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre Thunder Bay, Ontario