“Scary stayordek”

Shoreline Motor Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Shoreline Motor Hotel
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Dump city. As others have indicated it would be best avoided. Our room was pretty dirty, the carpet stained and the bed covers very ratty but not badly discoloured. The security was suspect since the previous unfortunate who stayed in the room absconded with the key. Perhaps the individual wished to save others from the ordeal he or she experienced. However we considered the possibility that the possessor of the key might return to rob new dwellers in the room.
As a result of this concern we built a pile of bags next to the door with our small cooler on top to alert us if we were being robbed. In addition my wife slept with a hammer (used for tent pegs) for defence at her side. Although the halls were stinky and the other hotel denizens boisterous and apparently inebriated at 2 AM, the symphony the toilet played upon flushing almost compensated for the ambience. On a more positive note the afternoon desk clerk, a paean to despair, was friendly but ineffective. The bars on the window were slightly comforting but we wonder as to their purpose; keep us in or others out. I count myself lucky that the pointy spring on the bed only worked its way through the mattress cover and not my leg.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Ted S
There are newer reviews for Shoreline Motor Hotel

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Upon walking into our room for the first time I noticed the garbage can was actually a empty laundry detergent containter with a garbage bag inside. The tv didn't work and there was no good wifi connection after they assured me there was wifi. My socks stuck to the floor and I had to wear shoes the whole time. The beds were comfy but clearly dirty and worn out. We told front desk about the tv situation and he said for us to clean the room and make it look like we werent there and he'll give us a new room cause there was no way to fix the tv. The new room was nicer until we looked in the drawer to find a plate and some gravol. When flushing the toliet it would leak and literally sound like it was going to explode. From 2-4am there people talking very loudly and we found out that one of the those loud people was the guy at the front desk joking around. We heard loud noises and banging and were getting worried. Also to add the whole hotel smells like pot but the beds were comfy even though we went and bought new blankets to use.. also found some hairs on my pillow.. Gross

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank laurenbeeeeee
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Very affordable. Bar inside hotel is welcoming and comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful. Close to all entertainment venues, and shopping district.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Oh where to begin... we arrived at dusk. No vacancies anywhere else in Thunder Bay. We were greeted by the mentally handicapped desk clerk who asked ME if there were people staying in the room that she gave us the key for. I shouted, "Gee, I don't know." I couldn't hear myself over the din of hoboes fighting over bottle and can collecting rights to the hotel dumpster...
I gathered my wife and beer and we headed to room 313.
The first thing we noticed was the itrusive odor and the odd placement of the towels, haphazardly unfurled in the the closet. We noted to charmingly out of place 5 gallon bucket under the sink, dangerously close to spilling waste water all over our socked feet.
As we looked for the bible, we were surprised to find some spare change (an opportunity to use the broken vending machine?), a used cocaine straw and half a bottle of Pepto Bismol.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Renee F
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This place might as well be turned into a flop house. Its a disgusting hole. There was no alarm clock, chair for the desk, the room smelt like smoke, the halls were disgusting and the front desk man was rude. Stay Away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo