See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Room 11 has two double beds. The carpet was slightly damp and I wonder if it had recently been cleaned because the room smelled kind of like carpet shampoo cleaner. It had a mini fridge & microwave, BUT NO COFFEE MAKER??!! What the heck. We thought we were getting two queen beds but they were doubles, which are too small for one set of my family. No free little shampoos, conditioners or that stuff. No blow dryer. The only plug-in for the blow dryer was on the far wall, far away from any mirror. That was a downer.
On the plus side, the beds were very clean and comfortable. No mold or mildew in bathroom. Freshly caulked. No counter by pedestal sink. Table & chairs for dining (without coffee, grrr). We didn't use the small flat screen tv. Wifi worked good.
I'd stay here again but would ask for a coffee maker, in case they just forgot it.
For the price I this area, eh, not terrible. It's close enough to most fast food & grocery stores.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy L
Rick S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for visiting us,I'm sure we can find you a room with two queen beds on your next visit,and just mention you would like inroom coffee.thanks again.

Reviewed March 3, 2017

After staying at some of the new hotels in Thunder Bay and some of the not so new hotels in Thunder Bay and paying the very high rates, I decided to look for a new place to stay in the city, I had to be at the airport in the early morning, so I looked for somewhere close to the airport. I found The Holiday Inn Motel and after reading a number of favorable reviews, I decided to try it. I was delighted!
The room was updated and very clean, the bed was very comfortable. I could see that the room had been renovated and the renovations were of good quality. Parking was right outside my door, not far to carry my bags or my puppy. I will definetley be staying here again. I should mention that the room had a fridge and microwave. Oh and one other thing, that is very important to me, as I was doing some studying online, their internet was excellent! Highly recommend this for a quick good nights sleep at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Kingsize beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Rick S, Manager at Holiday Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

Thanks for the nice review Mrs Donaldson

Reviewed November 13, 2016

The price was right and the bed and bath were clean. Those are the only good points about this place. Check in went well and the outside appearance was pleasant enough and then we opened the door. This was a seedy motel in the 70's and not much has improved in the rooms. The sparse furnishings were mostly broken and uncomfortable. The doors and locks were archaic and had to be slammed, not pleasant in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep. My husband and I usually try to stay at the local owned motels not only to support local but also we find that comes with a pride in ownership you don't find with the chains. That is not the case here. Like I said please keep looking there is nothing welcoming here.

Room Tip: Keep looking
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

My GPS lied... this is no way part of Holiday Inns group. Having said that it was the only place with a vacancy.. it was after 6pm. It is located in a residential neighbourhood. As others have said a basic clean older (60's) place with an appropriate rack rate. Currently the walkway in front is being replaced so you end up traipsing sand into the room. The initial shock of seeing the office/checkin area in total disarray had worn off and we had a good night sleeps in a quiet room. A fair bit off the TransCanada but worth it as the value is good. Food at various places as you approach the motel.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank im44
Rick S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Thank you for staying with us Jamaica,your right,we aren't part of the Holiday Inn Chain,were a small privately run business and we appreciate very much you stayed with us,you slept well,thats what we like to hear.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

A great place to stay and the owners are the friendliest people who went out of their way to be helpful. Our room reminded me of a little cottage. It was cozy, clean, comfortable, with everything we needed!

Room Tip: Loved our room! Like a little cottage
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple