I'd like to start off by saying I have nothing against cheap motels. We've been driving across Canada and typically staying in non chain motels around the $70 mark. We're not expecting modern beautiful rooms, just clean maintained places at a good price.
This motel was not those things. First off the room and bedding smelled like cigarettes. The drapes didn't cover the window to the parking lot up, and there was no lamp. The room was clean, and there were no bugs. Not atrocious, but there are definitely better places for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small hotel/motel, Budget priced, Clean and Comfortable, non-smoking rooms available, free high speed wireless, air conditioned, located in the central south end of Thunder Bay within 10 min drive to airport, very quiet and safe location, 24 hr front desk, one block south on Kingsway Ave, off East Arthur St. Come stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Hotel Thunder Bay
- Holiday Inn Motel Thunder Bay, Ontario