“A Must Do !”

Sail Superior.com Yacht Charters
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Thunder Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail Superior.com Yacht Charters & Sleeping Giant Sailing School in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. Your Source for the world's most exciting freshwater sailing. Harbour tours, private group charters to the islands and remote areas of Lake Superior Cruise and learn sailing holidays and sailing certifications.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

First time ever on a sail boat and it was incredable! Captain Greg was so knowledgable and great tour guide for the "totally terrified" flatlanders from Saskatchewan. He made our first sailing expeince so much fun (well at least for us). This is a must do when you go to the Thunder Bay area. Thanks Captain and your daughters for hosting our group, we had an incredable journey!

SailSuperior, Owner at Sail Superior.com Yacht Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you dgall63 for your review.
I can tell you that introducing "flatlanders" to my big lake gives me great pleasure. It is so rewarding when someone is totally terrified at the beginning yet they leave with an incredible experience. I have made a convert to sailing.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The captain was very nice and helpful to us. This was my first time on a sail boat so I was scared that I would get sick but they told me that people do not usually get sick I have balance and dizzy problems so I was worried but even when it was a little rougher I did not. I felt great it was like all my worries just all went away. The captain asked if I would like to go to the bough of the boat like titanic and I was so proud of myself I did it the hour and a half just flew by. This was such a great time I would recommend this great boat ride to everyone, I found out they also do trips that take you to an island which we may try next time.

Hi Ray M, thank you for your review.
I'm so glad your first experience on a sailboat turned out to be so good. I welcome you back to do the island excursion - how big do you want the waves to be this time? The bigger the waves the better the bow ride gets.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

A great thank you to Captain Greg who has given my husband and I two forever lasting experiences on his sunset cruise. My husband and I have gone two years in a row to celebrate his birthday on Sail Superior's sunset cruise and it is still the only thing my husband looks forward to for his birthday. Originally from a big city, moving to Thunder Bay, it is still mentioned as our most memorable experience. We brought sushi aboard and wine, and sat at the front of a beautiful sailboat, hand in hand watching the waves go by and the sun go down. A must do in Thunder Bay!!

On another occasion, my entire family went on a three hour cruise for my father's birthday. We had home made appetizers and all enjoyed as Captain Greg brought on us an adventure as the wind picked up and the boat sailed along with excitement.

We look forward to our trips and we suggest them to everyone visiting or who lives here.

Celine B:

Thank you for your great review, and for making this a repeat stop. I live on the hill, and I see this lake every day sumer and winter. It makes me feel so good when a new resident can share some of what I've known for so long.

I love the photos you posted. The ships in our harbour are so fascinating. Hope to see you on the next birthday trip,soon you will know enough to take the helm while I take some photos....

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Thank you to Captain Greg and his brother, Dave, for a wonderful experience on Lake Superior. The weather was less than ideal the evening of our sail, but Captain Greg's stories and history of Thunder Bay and his other sailing adventures made us forget all about the inclimate weather. My husband I briefly considered cancelling our reservation due to the rainy, cool weather, but we were so glad we didn't. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for something unique to do while in Thunder Bay, check out SailSuperior.com. Ladies, I think you will find Captain Greg very easy to look at, too!

1  Thank Janice F
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We were sailing for five days aboard "Frodo". Captain Greg of SailSuperior.com took us across the bay to Isle Royale, to explore its coves, fjords and islets by sailboat. Every night we would anchor at a diifferent (but equally beautiful) spot.

We were very happy with our captain, who is not only a consummate professional, but also turned out to be a very interesting and knowledgeable travel companion.

4  Thank wavemeister