“A memorable experience that lasts!!!”

Sail Superior.com Yacht Charters
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Thunder Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail Superior.com Yacht Charters & Sleeping Giant Sailing School in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. Your Source for the world's most exciting freshwater sailing. Harbour tours, private group charters to the islands and remote areas of Lake Superior Cruise and learn sailing holidays and sailing certifications.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

A great thank you to Captain Greg who has given my husband and I two forever lasting experiences on his sunset cruise. My husband and I have gone two years in a row to celebrate his birthday on Sail Superior's sunset cruise and it is still the only thing my husband looks forward to for his birthday. Originally from a big city, moving to Thunder Bay, it is still mentioned as our most memorable experience. We brought sushi aboard and wine, and sat at the front of a beautiful sailboat, hand in hand watching the waves go by and the sun go down. A must do in Thunder Bay!!

On another occasion, my entire family went on a three hour cruise for my father's birthday. We had home made appetizers and all enjoyed as Captain Greg brought on us an adventure as the wind picked up and the boat sailed along with excitement.

We look forward to our trips and we suggest them to everyone visiting or who lives here.

SailSuperior, Owner at Sail Superior.com Yacht Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Celine B:

Thank you for your great review, and for making this a repeat stop. I live on the hill, and I see this lake every day sumer and winter. It makes me feel so good when a new resident can share some of what I've known for so long.

I love the photos you posted. The ships in our harbour are so fascinating. Hope to see you on the next birthday trip,soon you will know enough to take the helm while I take some photos....

All reviews
"sleeping giant"
in 18 reviews
in 16 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Thank you to Captain Greg and his brother, Dave, for a wonderful experience on Lake Superior. The weather was less than ideal the evening of our sail, but Captain Greg's stories and history of Thunder Bay and his other sailing adventures made us forget all about the inclimate weather. My husband I briefly considered cancelling our reservation due to the rainy, cool weather, but we were so glad we didn't. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for something unique to do while in Thunder Bay, check out SailSuperior.com. Ladies, I think you will find Captain Greg very easy to look at, too!

1  Thank Janice F
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We were sailing for five days aboard "Frodo". Captain Greg of SailSuperior.com took us across the bay to Isle Royale, to explore its coves, fjords and islets by sailboat. Every night we would anchor at a diifferent (but equally beautiful) spot.

We were very happy with our captain, who is not only a consummate professional, but also turned out to be a very interesting and knowledgeable travel companion.

4  Thank wavemeister
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Hey Captain Greg,

I was part of the first year recreation/leisure class that went out for a beautifull sail. I enjoyed myself very much. I thank you for allowing my wheelchair on board, I was very comfortable and safe. I have sailed in the past on a much smaller sail boat (single) so I was very excited to have the opportunity to go out into Lake Superior, even if it was just brief.
It was a much bigger experience on the Frodo and I am gratefull for the sail and the information you shared. I will tell all my friends and probably a few strangers to experience the Frodo and Captain Greg.

Kim Hanlan
1st yr Recreation & Leisure
student at Confederation College

2  Thank khanlan1
See more reviews
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I thought the tour of Thunder Bay's beautiful shoreline was wonderful! When you see the lake from on top of the hills its great, however, Sail Superior allows you to look back on to the hillside Thunder Bay and its panoramic spectacle is something I will not forget. While looking back, I had difficulty realizing, "I live here" because it is not a familiar view of the city for me. If you live in Thunder Bay or surrounding area, please come see the city from this side, you may have a new appreciation for our beautiful city, as I did. If you are just passing through, Sail Superior will give a unique look on our city that most do not get to see and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank jaarjune