“Best sashimi in town!”

Umai Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been to every sushi place in town and Umai, by far has the best, freshest cuts of sashimi. Their food is prepared with pride and the wait staff are friendly and prompt.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I regularly pick up and take out as well as dine-in. The sushi is always fresh, with good size portions of the sashimi. The ambiance in the restaurant is what makes it a perfect getaway. My first choice locally

1  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went here with some colleagues and our order had a number of errors. Once the order was fixed (people offered to eat things they didn't order) they did not bring me part of my meal until almost everyone else was done eating. After I told the waitress that there was an error, she walked away and then came back and said "Actually, I remember asking you if you wanted that and you said no". I actually had said yes, so I was very suprised that she argued with me. She gave me the thing I wanted and said there wouldn't be a charge for it, but I didn't get it until we were ready to leave.

We all got up to leave, then she brought us the oranges, so we had to sit back down. After this, we all got up to pay as we hadn;t yet received our bills and then she came and we had to sit down yet again. When we got our bills, they had many mistakes and she had charged me for the item she said she wouldn't.

I complain about the servuce, but the food was decent. It is just that the service was so awful that it left a lot to be desired.

It was very disorganized and that made it a not-so-good experience.

1  Thank KTRWAnderson
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Well we love the ambience here but service has slightly worsened, and the rolls are falling apart at times, but the usually free served oranges for dessert are replaced by mandarins instead... Otherwise their flavoured sushis are well known and well liked around here but for me the raw and unflavoured taste of the sushi ingredients are what defines what Japanese food is about, hence this is not the place for me, except their kalbi dish is the best in Sudbury!

1  Thank TravelBugsEB
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very straightforward sushi place. Simple decoration, good sushi, nice staff, good price. My 4-year old daughter loves it. Everytime we talk about eating out she want to go there...