“People with Allergies Beware”
Review of Casey's Kingsway - CLOSED

Casey's Kingsway
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“People with Allergies Beware”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Last visit to Casey's I decided to try the Cashew Chicken Stirfry. I asked our server if the veggies were pre-mixed or could I have the stirfry without onions and peppers as I am allergic to them. Her response was absolutely, no problem we can do them without the onions and peppers. I was quite happy as it's very hard to get onion/pepper free food in restaurants. When my dinner arrived I started eating. There were a lot of carrots on top and no visible onions or peppers. Part way through my meal, I'd say less than halfway, I noticed what appeared to be a red pepper. Further investigation revealed more pieces of red pepper and a piece of green pepper. I thought perhaps there were just a few and started picking them out. I was wrong. There was a great deal of red pepper and a lesser amount of green pepper. My meal was ruined and I was left very disappointed. I will admit that they did remove my meal from the bill, however I feel the staff should be better educated in allergies and how to deal with them. So if you have food allergies be very careful when you attend Casey's.

• Visited October 2012

“Seriously under-appreciated!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I don't know why more people don't like Casey's. I wish everyone dined here because it seriously is one of the greatest restaurants in Sudbury. In fact, it might just be my favourite!

Service: F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S! I have dined here countless times and have never, ever had an issue with the staff. They are friendly, attentive, honest, and extremely knowledgeable. They really know their menu and can easily suggest a dish or drink for you to try. They're also rather up-front about their opinions on certain items. That's always really helpful! Interracting with the wait-staff isn't a chore. Every waitress/waiter I've had has engaged me in conversation and has even managed to get a few laughs out of me! I've also noticed that staff are always on the floor. If your particular waitress isn't around, you can easily flag someone else down and they're never bothered by helping you. Out of all the restaurants in Sudbury, I think Casey's is tied with The Keg for the best staff.

Food: There's no contest. It's my favourite. Casey's has the wonderful ability to whip up an awesome plate of nachos and serve you a delicious sirlion steak at the same time. It isn't just "bar food", it's a menu that encourages you to try things you normally wouldn't at home. I know some restaurants like to invent "quirky" dishes that make you do a double-take, but they simply don't execute them properly and they're disgusting. Well, Casey does come out with some weird food and they're good. Really good. Their food is consistently prepared well and tastes wonderful. I am never disappointed.

Meal suggestion: tornado potato, 8 oz. sirloin steak with baked potato and veggies, peanut butter brownie sunday and the market fresh lemonade (alcoholic drink).

Atmosphere: The decor is fairly simple, but I like it. I think it's actually really nice. The bar is decorated in a pretty typical manner, too. The place is always clean and the bathrooms are spotless. I haven't dined on the patio but I'd imagine that could be kind of noisy, depending on the time of day. You're eating right beside the Kingsway, so that could be annoying!

Special notes: They have a gluten-free menu!

Eating here is similar to visting a friend's home for dinner. The atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. The service is spectacular and food is simply delicious! Give Casey's a chance!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, good food, good service”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's been awhile since we went but the food was very good as was the service. Love the decor and the atmosphere. Will definitely have to plan another visit soon.

“Awesome.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I went here on a whim one night and loved it!! So we came back again the next night. The chicken fingers are unreal! And the doughnut holes are awesome. Try their vitality cocktails! Will be returning very soon!!

Oakville
“Good food, great value”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

They make their own hamburger patties from fresh, the waitress said. And indeed, the burgers were very good. So was the roasted red pepper soup.

This is not haute cuisine; but they do burgers and similar fare very well.

Visited August 2012