“To Like2review:”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I read your review, and I must say I shook my head the whole time; what mean-spirited person would hide behind his/her anonymity to bash a person like this? You appear to be a regular as you make reference to other regulars in your dismal missal disguised as a review.
We are regulars (4 or 5 times a month) who enjoy the atmosphere, the cleanliness, the food, service, and the friendly people who work here. The owners have worked long and hard hours for what they have, and we are happy that they are able to take their children away on vacation, buy a new vehicle, or anything else, because they certainly deserve it! We enjoy the fact that they share their life experiences with their customers, much like a large happy family.
My thought is that if you don’t like the owner or his wife, are concerned about the mental and physical health of their overworked employees, are jealous of their vehicles, vacations, or whatever, don’t like the décor, find the food only “decent” and frozen for ages, I’m sure you could go elsewhere and bash some other nice people; you will not be missed! What a coward!

4  Thank eastduchess

Reviewed June 30, 2013

i'd just like to take a moment to respond to the most recent review, and to say that while that person thinks the restaurant may need to be updated, i really love the rustic feel of the place, and relax in a place? go to any of the big box restaurant and try and relax, you can't. and as for the wait staff, everytime i go there i'm met with smiles, friendly, and knowledgable staff, in fact once they got to know me, they would welcome me in with my first name, felt right at home.also haven't seen a tense person in that place, even the guys in the kitchen, no matter how busy, say hi or bye as people enter. and as for the owners wife, ive only seen her twice, when i was there, and was very personable, attentive and friendly. its a nice change to see management out chatting with thier guests, finding out whats new in their guests lives, and sharing whats new in their own. its like a big family getting together for dinner, everyday. love the place, love the food, love the great service, love the relaxed feel at home atmosphere. as for the "like2review" comments, its clear to me that you just had a bone to pick, shame on you for doing it that way. alot of people read these reviews, and to say things out of anger is just wrong. i would highly recommend this place, for food,price and service.

5  Thank Timmy D
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant needs to be updated. You can still achieve a nautical feel but with modern seating and decor.
It is not a place to relax while eating. The wait staff clearly have too much to do and they run all over the place, distracting and they all seem very tense and stressed.
The owners wife spends a lot of time speaking to other regulars about vacations and travelling. Perhaps they should consider investing in the appearance of their restaurant, instead of showy vehicles and vacations..
The food is decent. Homemade I think, though the fish was clearly sitting in a freezer for ages.
Inexpensive, though I wouldn't pay a cent more to eat in an atmosphere like this one.

2  Thank Like2review
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wonderful place to get close to the sea. The food is good too and very affordable. They serve a nice krispy fish & chip. Must try their fish chowder.. wonderful spices.

1  Thank Patate
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

From the second I walked in the waiter was making fun of me. And because people laughter he just kept going. Treated me like o was a kid because I was ony phone and I look young.Well I am 32 and was on my phone planning my wedding, kind of important stuff. I am also a very nervous and shy person, so this made me uncomfortable. Not a good experience for me. I will never return to this place. Too bad cuz the food was good.