“i love this place”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
North Bay, Canada
“i love this place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you love seafood and never been to Red Lobster, you must go! I was ever a big seafood lover until i first came to this place. Now whenever I am in sudbury i HAVE to stop here! Always excellent food, excellent service, its spacious and not crowded feeling.

Visited May 2013

Sudbury, Canada
“Going downhill”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The last few times we visited, we have been disappointed. We usually visit during Lobsterfest. Service is ok, but, I find that their menu has declined.

Visited October 2013
“Mediochre and Overpriced”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Firstly let me say that this visit was on Valentine Day and the restaurant was very busy. We had reservations and they were right on the mark with fast seating.

The waitress was friendly, very efficient and run off her feet! As I said, it was very busy.

I ordered the Admiral's Platter and enjoyed the delicious biscuits until it arrived. The dinner was a disappointment! The haddock was not bad but the batter was soggy. The shrimp were also very moist and not crisp at all. It was hard to find the scallops! They were so small it was hard to see them among the pieces of empty batter that hid them. There was another item that was hard to describe because they were mostly just empty fried batter. The rice was delicious, but a very limited amount.

The wife had 'pick 2 shrimp' dish and was pleased with hers. She said they were delicious and enjoyed the whole meal. She had also ordered a 'Mudslide' alcoholic drink that she said was amazing and 'sinful'! She's recommend that everyone try it!

The bill was almost $70, with the tip. Too much for what I thought was only a passing meal and not what I would expect from Red Lobster. With all the 'All You Can Eat Buffet' restaurants around you can eat better, with more variety, than at Red Lobster. I hope the shortcomings was due to the fact that they were extremely busy!

I doubt that I'll be back for a while when there are so many other choices out there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank enercontrol
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I hadn't been to this restaurant in over 10 years, and didn't have great expectations as I don't care for chain restaurants. We went with a large group and I was pleasantly surprised.
The food was excellent, and the service was fantastic, friendly, and efficient.

• Visited December 2013
Lively
“Again with those obnoxious prices..!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

It all started with the hostess seating us. She went the extra mile in making sure we got the seating area we wanted.

My wife had the coconut shrimp and escagot while I hdg the butter shrimp along with the snow crab. All was prepared to perfection. ...And you can't go wrong with Justine waiting on your table.

My only complaint was the prices. Way too high for what you get.

• Visited November 2013