“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #15 of 360 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Verdicchio Ristorante we create every plate with a sense of purpose.You'll experience traditional flavours while sampling the best from our local Northern Ontario growers. Freshness is key to any great meal. Choose from our Seasonal or 4 course tasting menus that highlight ingredients grown in our backyard and products crafted in the artisanal method. We offer Modern Italian Cuisine and embody the Slow Food concept. Our ingredients are used in their natural form, allowing genuine flavours to shine. When it comes to wine, no other country in the world has as much diversity as Italy. Wine is produced in every region of the country and stands as the best accompaniment to its cuisine. Our all-Italian wine cellar showcases hard-to-find varietals and our newly renovated bar elevates the cocktail experience with its bold design, in-house prepared elixirs and premium liquors. Take a tour through some of Italy's best yet relatively unknown vineyards with an informal tutored tasting or sip a glass of wine at our Enoteca wine bar. Verdicchio - Modern Italian Cuisine.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I are fortunate to be able to travel in Europe quite a bit and almost never eat in an Italian restaurant while away because we believe that we could not possibly do better than Verdicchio Ristorante. The atmosphere, service and food are spectacular. One of our favourites is their charcuterie platter - simply amazing. We are very proud to bring guests to Sudbury to dine at this restaurant!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Food was cold , portions were small , we were eight of us and all four of the women had to wear there winter jackets throughout the entire dinner bill was just short of 800$ for all of us and we stopped and McDonalds on the the way home .. Happy New Years to us

7  Thank Matt C
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the number one restaurant if I am ever asked where i want to eat. You cannot beat the quality of food and the service. A real gem for Sudbury.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been a patron of Verdicchio's since it opened. My first experience there could have been a disaster. As it had just opened, they were very busy and somehow our table got overlooked for service. We waited almost an hour. At first we didn't notice because we were busy chatting, but suddenly we realized that our lunch hour was almost up and we hadn't been served! As I looked around at the waitstaff it became apparent from the looks on their faces that they all thought someone else was serving us. Suddenly one of the owners appeared, apologized profusely, stated that, "no one waits at Verdicchio's," promptly assigned a waiter, and comp'ed us on glasses of wine. The service and the meal from that point on were wonderful. The admission of the mistake and prompt remedy made me a repeat customer.

The restaurant itself is located in an industrial mall. An unlikely location, but they have made it work. The original decor was very italian country, and the industrial building architecture was disguised by painting the ceilings and everything else above your head flat black. They have recently remodelled, and now have a very contemporary look. They also have private rooms/party facilities, and I have attended catered private functions, both at the restaurant site, and at private sites.

The food is always fantastic, and they locally source as much as they can, while importing particular italian products and wine. They also sell Verdicchio labelled olive oil, spaghetti sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, etc.

They have certain items that are always available, and one of my favourites is the carpaccio. It is mouth watering. They once had venison with a wild blueberry sauce, and it was one of the most wonderful things I have ever eaten! On the other hand, they also have a seasonal 'tasting menu' that has a variety of choices. You can do either the full menu with suggested wine pairings, or a smaller variety without the wine for a prix fixe. I've tried this a number of times and was never disappointed.

Verdiccio's also has a wood-fired oven outside that they operate during the summer months. I have not tried the wood-fired pizza, but have heard that it is delicious.

Yes, they are a bit more expensive than Casey's. And rightly so. This is not your average run of the mill chain restaurant with pre-packaged meals from head office, and the same menu for years at a time. Verdicchio's is constantly winning awards, like the Silver Spoon for it's excellent food.

Verdicchio's has done amazingly well, given Sudbury's blue collar, wear jeans and a flannel shirt to everything, attitude. If you want to wear your plaid flannel pyjama pants and let the kids jump on the seats and crawl under the table, don't go to Verdiccio's, please! You will ruin my enjoyment of this refined culinary experience and atmosphere.

We need more unique restaurants like this in Sudbury, and I congratulate the Gregorini family on their successful endeavours.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

they are very lovely people who own it and that is wonderful. The food is all top quality, but we found the selection a bit limited.