“Excellent Hotel.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sudbury
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed for one night to visit the Big Nickle Mine. The hotel is fairly new and close to most major restaurants and shopping. Check in staff was excellent and efficient. Pool was clean and seemed to be well maintained. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes I would. About 10 minutes from Science North and 20 from the Big Nickle.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2009

My husband and I went to Sudbury to celebrate our anniversary for just a night. We chose the Fairfield because of its central location to where we like to shop (Costco, Old Navy, Home Sense, and the Mall). In addition it was a short drive to dinner at Mr. Prime Rib. We had requested a top floor room and received it. The room was nicely appointed and had a king-sized bed but the room was on the small side. The bathroom was also compact with the sink/toilet/tub all in the same room. We appreciated the lovely decor of the room, however, and the presence of a bar fridge and decent sized television. The A/C worked well (maybe a bit too well!) but was somewhat noisey with gurgling sounds during the night.
There was free use of two computers in the lobby which was a delightful surprise, although I needed assistance from staff to get them working! An added bonus was the presentation of two coupons for free desserts at our dinner down the street at Mr. Prime Rib. This unexpected treat was really above and beyond the service we were expecting. There is a small pool with a hot tub next to an exercise room. This pool area is fresh and clean with lots of sunlight. Towels are available, plastic chaise lounges, and a glass table with chairs are within the room. It is very nice.
The complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety: cereals, bagels, English muffins, toast, yogurt, juice and coffee...
All in all, we had a wonderful anniversary thanks to the Fairfield Inn. We will not hesitate to stay there again! The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anonobabe
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I have tried many hotels in Sudbury, including the new ones, but the Fairfield Inn is where I have always returned to.
Since I stay tend to stay 5 to 7 days a time, I find the room the most comfortable. The staff is incredible - very friendly & definitely ensuring you have everything you need.
It is a wonderful hotel from start to end.
Furthermore, they do not allow pets!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessBrampton
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel. The rooms were clean and at a reasonable price. Definitely use your CAA if you have it. We booked online and then had to change the arrival date, so we called and the change was made without any issues.
The continental breakfast that is offered is adequate: instant oatmeal, cold cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, tea/coffee/juice. A nice way to start off the day. Free internet access in rooms and there was a business centre in the main lobby. Can't really beat the location - not downtown, but really close to everything. The pool and hot tub area were ok. Very small, but luckily we were the only ones in the pool. The beds were pretty comfortable, but it would have been nice to have a few extra blankets. Nothing to complain about, which is definitely a positive.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JannyLyn
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My first time in Sudbury, chose the fairfield based on comments here. I'm glad I did.

Hotel was clean. Room was clean. Staff was very personable. Our booking agent screwed things up, but the front desk staff cleared everything up - with smiles to boot!

My only suggestion for improvement would be the ventalation in the pool/hot tub room. As soon as I walked in, my eyes began to burn from the chlorine.

Given that I'm not really a winter person any longer, being in Sudbury at the end of Feb wasn't an experience I was particularly looking forward to. But, my stay at the Fairfield really lent to my half-week up north being an enjoyable stay. Both my co-worker and I are somehwat excited about returning to Sudbury, and to the Fairfield.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2009

If you still decide to book a room,try to get a room on the last floor witch is 3rd floor.We could not sleep,by 3am we gave up and left because the hotel said they could do nothing until the manager would returned,two days later . #1reason for leaving:It sounded like the water was running in my bath but it was beside us in the next room.Then they turned on the jets,you could hear it very clear the walls and floor started to vibrate.This disruption happened beside then above us twice.#2 reason:Above our room,lets just say there bed was broken this happened right up till we left.You can also hear people walking above you.And#3 reason:Front desk said they could do nothing and that they were sorry,they hoped we could eventually get some sleep.The manager called us three days later to tell us that he found and repaired the problem with the bed upstairs.His explanation was,there was a spring out of adjustment and they have now adjusted it.That is!!!!!! I didn't no you could adjust bed springs.He said the only thing he could do was give us another nights stay, no charge of course and that we would have to book at there own convenience.If your in town with your family or simply need a good nights rest this place might not be the right place.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Again we had an enjoyable stay at the Fairfield. It was the long weekend and the hotel was full. Karen was in training at the front desk when we checked in and she was very kind and helpful. We asked about a place to eat nearby and were told about Mr. PrimeRib down the street and given two coupons for free desserts there, (very decadent desserts I might add) Peter the hotel manager was very helpful also and always seemed to be there. The hotel was again clean and inviting. I was thinking that the breakfast bar would not have much because we didn't get down there til 9:30 and it closed at 10:00 but it was well stocked and lots of choices for breakfast.
What I found pretty neat about this hotel was that they have a barbeque that the guests can use outside on the patio. What a great idea that is if you are trying to save a little money and don't want to spend it on the cost of restaurants.

I will be back at this hotel again. One of the best in Sudbury...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)