“Another excellent stay ”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sudbury
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite place to stay in Sudbury. I always get good service at Marriott hotels but this is one of the best. I am recognized as an elite member at check in and got offered a nice free upgrade for my loyalty. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and the breakfast is good for a free fare. The eggs taste fresh not powdered like. And always well stocked. Best place to stay in my opinion in Sudbury.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank mjhoc

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Spent some time in Sudbury in April - not the ideal time to be there but the hotel was very good.

I have stayed at my share of Marriott locations and this one was excellent. The lobby was smaller than what I am accustomed to and the desk staff where kind of "just there", but the condition of the lobby, the breakfast room and the room itself were first rate.

The rooms were cleaned and very spotless and we even had a nice breakfast restaurant next door (although I have to say that this hotel was kind of situated in a bit of an isolated area) but, again, the quality expected from Marriott was present.

If you don't have a car (this was my problem as my bf used it during the day to work) then you will feel a bit like a lone tourist - as I mentioned there is not a lot to do around the property (except the great breakfast place and the pharmacy) - still, I did enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Do not book here if you don't have access to a car at all times. Go to the breakfast restaurant...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nitestar
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed for one night. Room was okay. Bed was not that comfy. The room was cold. I needed to ask for extra blankets. I used the exercise room which was right beside the pool. This design was not a good idea. The exercise room was like a chlorine chamber. All I could smell as I ran on the treadmill was chlorine. I felt like I was being poisoned so I had to open the windows. Thank God there were windows! Shower was also bad design - it's not a tub so you don't have the option for a bath. Complimentary breakfast was low grade, Styrofoam / paper plates? Why not use real plates. Also there was not enough food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We experienced a quick check-in, a clean, quiet, and comfortable room where everything worked well, and a "continental" breakfast that was really more than continental -- sausage and eggs, oatmeal and cereal, yoghurt, breads, juices. Fairfield is on the economy end of Marriott hotels: not that this wasn't a budget hotel; we paid about $125 in December for a room with two queen beds. For comparison, we had stayed on an earlier occasion at the Comfort Inn almost across the street, which was about $40 less. Compared to that, the Fairfield was clearly a better greater value -- more front desk staff, better trained, and friendlier; much more attractive lobby (with winter fireplace); building of more solid construction with convenient elevators; fresher room; better breakfast. There was nothing so special about the hotel that you'd make it a destination, but it was entirely dependable and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A Fairfield Inn is not the top of the line for Marriott but I love it because it has all the Marriott touches of very clan, comfortable and excellent service. They had computers / printers available for guest use. I especially appreciate this when I am traveling by motorcycle as I can't take a computer with me, just my Kindle and iphone. The staff here was friendly and let me park right up front under the awning all night. It did freeze overnight so that was helpful.

The location was behind a restaurant, kind of odd, but strangely it was easy to find and well located near lots of restaurants. They had coupons and dining deals which I was able to use as my friend chose one of the places which had a coupon.

I greatly enjoy the trend of having a fridge in the room also.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Northwomn
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed for only one night. Very clean room, breakfast was very good. Walking distant from the Keg. Best place in Sudbury for a quick trip. I booked a whirlpool room $$$ and we couldn't check- in before 6 p.m. All I got was sorry for the inconvenience from the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 95Ron
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We came to Sudbury for a sporting event and since we booked late we had very few hotels to choose from. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had stayed at Fairfield in the U.S. with no issue.
We were very pleased that we chose this hotel. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. No bad smells !!

Free WiFi - we have stayed at hotels that say free wifi but you are restricted from watching youtube or netflix without paying for an upgrade !!! Not the case here.

The dining room was nice and the breakfast was great. It wasn't extensive as far as hot food but the fruit was fresh and there was good variety in other categories of breakfast foods.

I think it's great that there is dining room/lounge - especially if you were travelling with a sports team or other couples because you could all order dinner and eat in there I assume (you may want to ask first) add some drinks and you have an affordable meal - because its so expensive to travel with kids and it's often awkward eating in a hotel room.

I found the bed comfortable. They certainly were not rock hard, And yes you can hear things in the hall (not so much through the walls) but I have never been in a hotel where I heard nothing. I have super keen hearing and I am a light sleeper. I had no difficulty here, and our room was across from the elevator - but I did sleep with the bathroom fan on to drown out noise - just as I do at home - it worked like a charm.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family