“Clean hotel”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Michigan City, Indiana
“Clean hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean, staff is friendly. Rooms are clean but doors are paper thin. Phone rang twice in the morning for a wake up call that we did not ask for. Gym and pool are clean. Elevator is extremely so

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on the Saturday. It was a family trip we were going to their famous sudbury science center. We checked in on time. They were very friendly at check in and the room was clean. We did forget our toothpaste and went down to their small store to see if they had any didnt see any there asked the receptionist and they had some extras in the back which saved us a trip to the store. We took the kids swimming in their pool although it was small it was clean and there was a hot tub too. There was lots of clean towels and the staff were around cleaning up. A very quiet hotel and the free breakfast in the morning was great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and wouldn't hesitate to come back. Also in a very good location lots of options for dinner or lunch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tracy m
Hamilton
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is convenient to Cambrian College and this is the second year we have used this hotel during the school year to drop off, visit or move our daughter back and forth from residence.

The front desk staff, in particular Julie, are always friendly, helpful and offer great guidance except when asked the very difficult question - we finished early so what is going on in Sudbury that we can enjoy for the rest of the day! hmmmm

The room is always clean and ready to go. When we requested beer and wine glasses they were delivered to our door in minutes.

This year the continental breakfast was even better with fresh sausage and scrambled eggs. The breakfast server (sorry I didn`t get your name) was very friendly and attentive to everyone's needs and was perfect at keeping tables clear so the next guest could walk in and enjoy.

We also took advantage of the hot tub and pool which was enjoyable as well.

All in all a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Hmmm, never the perfect view from whichever side, just due to location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dancebuff
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel was new, clean and staff was very friendly. Located relatively close to the airport once you come into town, less than 20 minutes. Surrounded by shops and restaurants that are not necessary my taste, but convenient. No complaints and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I arrived at this property with a reservation guarantee and was told my room had been upgraded. I was asked for my credit card and when I presented my prepaid Titanium Visa I was told they didn't accept this type of credit card. I asked if I could use my debit card instead. I was then told no, they only accept credit cards. However, they don't accept prepaid Visa cards. I have emailed Marriott customer service about this whole experience and I am simply posting this for anyone else who may do what I did. I had to stay at another hotel that took a prepaid Visa.

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank CharltonF
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed with my 2 children and husband for 1 night stay and while we visited Science North. Bought the stay and play package through Sudbury tourism. Check in was quick and easy, staff was polite. Although when asked about our package I was told it was totally looked after by Sudbury tourism, in fact when we checked out in the morning they were unable to even give me a recipe of our stay. When I got home and checked my credit card an extra $20 dollar charge was added to my credit card with no explanation from the hotel. As for the room the heater / AC unit ran all night and would scream at times .. We were unable to shutting off totally ( this was in the middle of the night) I was not going to change rooms at this time. In the morning when we were giving the room a once over before we left. I looked under the bed and it looked as if a box of Cheerios had been spilled....and it wasn't for us ! Not a wonderful experience in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank robin D
Toronto
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A quite new, well-located hotel with minimal service facilities, but providing a good sleep for an attractive price. There is no restaurant, but a breakfast buffet is provided that is quick and convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing west
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business