“What a nice B & B!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Sudbury B&B and Inns
Huntsville, Canada
“What a nice B & B!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We travelled to Sudbury with another couple to see Science North, and were looking for a centrally-located B & B to stay overnight. Chose this one based on on-line reviews and the informnation on the web-site, and were delighted with our choice. The hosts Pete & Linda were friendly and helpful, our two rooms were spacious, clean, and beautifully-finished, with nice ensuites and a shared kitchenette where we could have our own snacks & drinks, and where we were served our breakfast by Pete. And speaking of breakfast, what a home-made feast that was! The B & B location is in an older neighbourhood, convenient to downtown activities and restaurants, and handy to other attractions such as Science North, Laurentian U., the hospital and the arena. All-in-all, just a great spot to stay if you are looking for a quality B & B experience in Sudbury.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bmac777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ballinafad, Ontario
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Pete and Linda know how to do it well. Their B and B is so welcoming, with a huge room and huge ensuite bathroom with nice and bright shower, a kitchenette to share with the other room's occupants, a fridge, microwave, wine glasses and bottle opener just helped to make our stay so relaxing. Pete is a fount of info about Sudbury , with directions to many places and suggestions of places to go. The breakfasts are to die for! Incredible fruit, homemade bread and crumble, and a different main each day.( and Pete even asked if there was something we wanted to have). Location is great - close to downtown, 10 minutes from Laurentian University, just perfect, nice and quiet location

Room Tip: One room has a king size bed, linens are sooooo soft, the other room actually has a separate sitting...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank musicbizperson
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I am so happy I chose to stay at the Artisan Upstairs Guesthouse during my 2 night trip to Sudbury. The room was very clean and the linens smelled exceptionally fresh. Pete was very welcoming and friendly. The best part? The breakfast! It was fantastic...beyond my expectations: homemade, plentiful and delicious.

I sincerely recommend this as the first and best accommodation choice in Sudbury. The only drawback I could see for someone, is that it is a bit tough to get to for a solo traveler who is not driving. But it really isn't a far walk at all to downtown Sudbury and the restaurants and bars located there.

Wifi, TV, kitchen, private bathroom: all the amenities I needed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to Lake Superior Provincial Park.
I wasn't sure about this B & B as we usually stay at musty Victorian mansions.
Well I'm tired of them. The Artisan Upstairs was refreshing in more ways than one.
Even the bed smelled good. It's the upper floor of a renovated duplex in a middle class Sudbury neighbourhood but don't let that deter you. It's very clean and believe me I check. The breakfast was lovely, croissants, jam made by Pete's sister, a boiled egg peaking out of an egg cup, and lots of cold meats and cheese for my carnivore husband. Fresh cherry tomatoes. A bright breakfast room with tea and coffee, water, available before breakfast. Pete is gracious, accomodating and real.
A wonderful part of our holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed at this lovely B & B on June 2nd and 3rd while visiting my daughter in Sudbury. It was my first time staying at a B & B and while I may not be an afficinado I can tell you that I am extremely fussy.

We had the Terra Room with the large 4-poster bed, private bath, private sitting room, and use of a fantastic mini-kitchen and a beautiful deck overlooking the backyard.

What stands out for me was the cleanliness, the fact that each room had brand new windows that let in lots of FRESH AIR, the towells smelled nice as if they were hung on the line, the spaciousness, the amazing Zen-like decorating with real potted plants everywhere including a little sprig of Lilly of the Valley on my bathroom windowskill, and amazing attention to detail with the furnishings, and decorating.

What was way beyond my expectations was the breakfast. My first breakfast included coffee, orange juice, fresh bowl of fruit, platter of cheese, prosciutto, and veggies, homemade banana bread, boiled eggs, warmed croissants, yogurt.........FANTASTIC....and always decorated with edible flowers and sprigs of mint. The second breakfast surpassed the first.

This was an OASIS and the host and hostess were very kind and helpful giving us ideas and directions for seeing the city. Thank you Peter and Linda for inspiring me to perhaps have my own B & B one day.

Room Tip: Terra Room has bonus sitting room 4 extra guest
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Our three night stay was absolutely perfect!

Surrounded by tastefully handcrafted decore, exceptionally clean, bright and spacious. Lovely large room with comfy king size four poster bed, perfect sitting area with sofa, table, clock radio, built in TV and VCR, cupboards and closet for clothes and a large window you clould open. Beautiful bathroom with great shower, fresh towels and bedding daily. A great equipped kitchen. All the amenities and more we needed to be very comfortable during our stay. Breakfast time was decided on our arrival and absolutley amazing (a variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, veggies, breads, eggs served boiled, omlett style, meats, breads, jams,coffee, juices, with tastefully added garnishes from the very gardens you overlook from the quaint private balcony.

Pete was very pleasant and informative about sites to see and places to eat.

Pete and Linda, you both helped to make our weekend a lovely one and we have shared our experiences about our stay at your home with many. We will certainly be back.

Thank you. Jenn Love

Stayed June 2010
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I would recommend this B & B to everyone visiting Sudbury. The rooms are super clean; your own private bathroom; TV; king size bed; good size private balcony overlooking a very nice backyard that is quite private. If you want to sit out in the evening, bring musquito repellent or Citronella candles as there was none in the shared kitchen! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple