“Don't Recommend”

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Stayed here with a friend to attend a wedding in August. Rooms smelled so bad when we arrived was given an instant headache. Contact the front desk and then they offered to move us. Said they were upgrading carpet that week. Put the rooms off market then till there ready don;t sell them when they smell. Next room smelled of smoke. there was no discount on the room. They said that was all they could do. Was very disapointed. There were no screens on the patio doors and only some opened. Couldn;t even sleep with the window open in fear a furry creature may come in during the night or something worse. Had high hopes for this hotel they were shot down very fast. Don;t recommend at all

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Photolady2010

Reviewed September 6, 2009

I stayed here for a couple of nights for a conference I attended in town. This hotel is nicely located but not of the quality I have experienced at other Radisson hotels. It is showing its age and the rooms are in need of an update.
The beds are probably new because they have this feature that you can select the firmness of the mattress. I personally didn't like this feature - the mattress was uncomfortable and the pillows were much too thin.
A positive point is that the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Summary: Overpriced hotel for very average amenities.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank val_destination
Reviewed March 24, 2009

If your looking for a friendly place to stay, that has easy asccess to everything. I would stay elsewhere.
The only good thing about this hotel is that's close to some local nightlife hotspots.
The room was dirty, the carpets in the hallways were stained. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in the bedroom. The ice machines barely worked on the floors. I had to go to the restaurant to get ice for my room.
The restaurant was over priced for the quality of food that comes out of it (especially for breakfast items. For eggs, bacon, toast, homefriens and coffee it was $10. Come on now!). The servers were fairly pleasant though. Room service was slow. My room service menu was out-of-date.
The front desk staff was not very helpful when I needed anything and upon check-in it seemed they didn't even know what they were doing, even the manager didn't seem to know what she was doing.
The so-called fitness room they have is a joke, so you have to use the one that's attached to the mall. The mall that it's attached to is one of the worst malls I've ever seen. The only good thing about it is that it has a movie theatre attached to it. The stores are all discount/cheap stores that I probablt wouldn't even want to buy things from.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone I know or even those I don't know. And I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Talis147
Reviewed March 17, 2009

This past weekend we took the kids to Sudbury for March-Break. When I check on the The Radissons web-site it showed a gym and weight room. There was no weights and only one working treadmill. We had booked two queen beds but when we got our room they had given us a room with two doubles when I called front desk I was told there was no more queens available. The first floor was blue with smoke and the kids where complaining, but again they had no other rooms to offer. I was very disappointed with the room.The staff where very polite but I would no go back unless I was on a no smoking floor and confirmed queen beds.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BrowneyesMidhurst
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend with 5 other friends in a 2 double bedroom with an extra cot: don't know what the regular price is but we used a gov't discount which gave us the room for 120$ per night. For this price hotel was def. worth it.
The front desk was accommodating from the check-in, we had no problems parking and were pleased to hear parking was free! Hotel is attached to a little mall around the corner and shares the parking lot with it- both can be accessed easily from the Hotel's 3rd floor side tunnel (2 min walk from reception) which is great in winter months. It is not complicated at all if you park as soon as you get into the parking; the door to the hotel is clearly marked on the right side.

Cleaning service was friendly and gave us extra towels, the pool was nice, tho the hot tub was very small we all fit in it, we had wireless access in the room + there was a computer at the reception, it was a great location in terms of getting to Science North (just drive down Paris Street for 5 min) and getting to 'downtown' for some food (10 min around the corner from the mall). It is a small town so options are limited for dining but we found a nice sushi resto not far from the hotel, and there is pizza pizza, pita pit and tim hortons around the corner.
We checked out at 1pm without any problems.
Our bathroom outside doorknob did keep falling off and the cot was very basic/ too soft for 15$ per night but overall, we had a good stay for the price and quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Adamo_Poeta
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Staff/Check-in...
Stayed here for one night with my wife and two small children. Check in was smooth and the staff were nice and friendly.

Parking...
The parking at this hotel is terrible, the hotel itself is connected to a downtown mall which has a parkade. We ended up parking on the roof and it probably took us a good 10 minutes of walking, riding elevators and climbing stairs to get to our room, not too mention three suitcases a stroller and two small children in tow. If you're planning on staying here, unload your car at the front entrance upon check-in and park later.

Room.....
We found the room small, the beds were comfortable and the the bathroom was quite small, carpets could use replacement as they were well-worn. Paint peeling off the ceiling in the bathroom.

Pool.....
The pool was quite large and had a nice shallow end (2ft deep) which was great for our 2 year old to splash around in. The hot tub is really small and I would be surprised if you could fit more than three adults in it.

Restaurant....
I did not dine here, but the restaurant/lounge looked alright

Wireless Internet.....
The hotel has wireless internet, but I was informed upon check-in that it was fairly slow which I found to be the case.

Overall......
OK hotel if you had to stay somewhere downtown close to something.

I would not stay here again. The hotel bears the Radisson name, but compared to other Radissons I've stayed at, this one is clearly not up to Radisson standards.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ryepie39
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Very adequate chain hotel. Clean room, friendly staff and not too much noise. The hotel restaurant, Pesto's was ok as well.

I was initially put off by being given ground floor room overlooking
what looked like a building site but this did not cause a problem.
On a subsequent visit my ground floor room was on other side of the corridor and over looked hotel lawn towards the pool.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo