“very good”

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed August 2, 2014

we had a very pleasant stay, and would highly recommend this astablishment to our friends and family, we have stayed here many times in the past and have never had any big problems, the new beds that have replaced the air beds are nice but we really enjoyed the air beds. The convenience of the shopping center being connected to the hotel and having a theatre there for the patrons is great.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
GMRADISSONSUDBURY, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you and I do hope that you will choose the Radisson again when your travels bring you back to Sudbury.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Sudbury

Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you wish to find fault you can always find fault. but our stay was excellent. there was a fairly large mistake at check in but the staff did there best to compensate for the error. location to downtown Sudbury is great. probably the best room service ever.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
GMRADISSONSUDBURY, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent positive review of your hotel experience at the Radisson Sudbury. Your mention of a problematic situation upon check-in, I'm extremely pleased to hear that whatever the issue was that my team was able to make it right immediately. It is always a pleasure reading such honest reviews with great and positive feedback.

I thank you for having chosen the Radisson Hotel Sudbury, and we look forward to your next travels to Sudbury in the hopes that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hotel is located right in the middle of the city. The walls were a little too thin to my liking. I could hear kids in the room next door. Also, the bathroom was really tiny. It was really hard to turn around in it if there are 2 people. It is impossible to have two people in the bathroom. Hotel has a really nice pool. I love pools and this pool was by far the best I have seen in a while. It is fairly large and it is clean. The room was clean, which is a plus. I stayed in Hamptons, Sudbury, before and I had to call housekeeping to clean my room when I first checked in. Radisson hotel room was clean. The housekeeping staff was nice too. It is an older hotel.

Room Tip: Not right across the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LanaYYC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your honest opinion of your hotel experience at the Radisson Sudbury, we are pleased to read that you found your room to be in perfect condition but we understand your comment regarding the size of our bathrooms. Finally your praise on our swimming pool facilities makes us feel that all the work we accomplished during our recent renovations was well worth it.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel

General manager

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for New Year's this year as it was close to a party we were going to. I was pleasently surprised at how nice and enjoyable our stay was. The amazing price and central location were only bettered by the exceptional staff who were very polite and accommodating ( expecially when I forgot my room key , a couple times ) . Very clean and comfortable rooms lovely decor with amenities nearby ( its attached to a mall).
I recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a good price with great quality .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting this fantastic review on TripAdvisor, our team works hard to make sure that our guests feel welcomed and well taken care of. We wish you all the best and we certainly do hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while in Sudbury on holidays. Wanted to check out what this city had to offer being a mining town and all. Very nice staff and quick check in. Rooms were very clean and the air conditioning worked excellent - thank god because it was very hot. Will stay at this hotel again if ever in Sudbury.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive review on TripAdvisor, we are extremely please to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main objective is to make sure that our guests stay is a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed once again at the Radisson. Quick and friendly check in with smiles that greeted. Spent a night in a King Suite and slept like a baby. Room was very clean. Had dinner and breakfast at the hotels restaurant Pestos and have no complaints about their food. Used the pool and hot tub this time and it was very enjoyable and relaxing. There is a small gym onsite but I didn't bother with it. I do like that the hotel is attached to the mall ( small one) but it gives a person something to do while staying at the hotel. Overall I really do like staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: King Suite when travelling solo. Pamper yourself.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Donna H
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your very nice review! It is always a pleasure to read how our guests enjoyed their stay with us, your comments are appreciated. I do hope that you will choose the Radisson Hotel again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

If you are looking for a cheap, clean option with a pool, this is it. I have stayed in several hotels in Sudbury and I now stay at the Radisson every time I come. They even offer a medical rate, although you have to know about it and call to book as is not available on their website.

I think people look for things to complain about. Yes the Radisson is attached to the old downtown Sudbury mall. I really don't see why this is an issue for people. Mall security frequents the area and there is the option to wander the mall or hit up the little food court without going outside. Be sure to go talk to the singing bowl guy. He is super friendly and his shop is cute.

Yes, the neighbourhood is a little sketchy but we are in Sudbury. Is there a neighbourhood in Sudbury that isn't a little sketchy? I have yet to find it. It is located next to a church, a mall and an old folks home. Not exactly ghetto central.

I have always found parking at the Radisson, even late at night in the summertime (although their lot is small). I have absolutely no idea how people could not find the parkade option as it is the driveway right next door and has many large signs directing you there. You will find parking!

The pool is huge and clean and usually empty. It also stays open until 11pm which is a little later than most hotels.

Overall? If you want super new, super clean, super perfect then you had better go back to bed and start dreaming. This hotel only exists in your imagination. But the Radisson Sudbury is clean and convenient, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's cheap, they have a nice big pool, the beds are comfy and I have yet to find a better option in Sudbury.

I would and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrades...if they aren't busy they will set you up in a nicer room for free. Also...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Liips

Dear Guest;

Thank you for that wonderful and honest review that you wrote on TripAdvisor! It is a breath a fresh to read a review that clearly outlines what a downtown hotel is to be expected. I would like to emphasize that our parking may have some directional challenges but the advantage also is that 80% of our parking spots are covered which is certainly a nice feature when the cold winters arrives. I again thank you for all your positive comments, and I do hope that you will choose the Radisson Downtown again when your travels bring you back this way.