“Happy with our stay”

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Happy with our stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The pool is warm and works well for young children. There were plenty of lounge chairs and towels on the deck. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed breakfast at Pesto's restaurant - lots of healthy choices! Our meals were fresh and tasty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly do hope that you will visit us again, when your travels bring you back to sudbury.

Regards

Patrick Trihey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mississauga
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was modern but more importantly it was very clean. The hotel wifi signal was quite reliable, and their Pesto's restaurant was very good in terms of service and food. I will say that although it was quiet overall, the sound of the showers from the two adjacent rooms was very loud. I only mention this because I found it unusual that I never heard anything else. Not a deal breaker though and I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank memahmo
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing your experience on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure reading your positive experience at our hotel, I will certainly share this with our staff. As for the loud showers we will look into this and truly this is the first time I've ever heard a guest mention this but it is important for us to investigate. Thank you once again for your comments.

Regards

North Bay, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Recently stayed for one night and was satisfied overall. I did notice a few "sketchy" people coming and going from the side stairwell and entering a room two doors down from me. Would definitely ask for a different floor next time and one that didn't have a door adjoined to another room. Reservations should really take if a guest is travelling alone, or with a group into consideration when providing those rooms. The food at the hotel restaurant was very good and the service outstanding within the restaurant and with room service. Housekeeping staff were all very friendly and helpful. A bit of confusion at front desk as to my check-in and payment, but was able to clear that up promptly. Love that it's attached to the Rainbow Centre!

Room Tip: Don't recommend the 1st floor.
1 Thank Donna-Lynn O
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your experience at The Radisson Hotel Sudbury, I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and would like to address your comments regarding the guests that you felt were in question. I assure you that all persons in the hotel are registered and I would like to inform you that we have 24hour surveillance camera's located in those area's as well as we have 24 hour Security on site, therefore there was no need for you to be concerned. I appreciate you commenting on this and I do hope that you will stay with us when your travels bring you back to Sudbury.

Respectfully

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in January at this hotel. The rooms were nice and modern. When I checked in the staff was friendly, however later in the evening there was a fairly unpleasant woman working at the front desk, very cold and not what you would expect working in the hospitality industry. I asked about places to eat and she just rolled her eyes when I asked for directions, she seemed annoyed by my asking. Luckily the next day there was a nice outgoing lady who won over my wife chit- chatting about her dogs, she was very funny and made up for the fact we had a terrible experience with the first staff member.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Joshua123456
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! First of all let me apologize for the lack of customer service you felt you received from our Front Desk receptionist, I assure you that this is not the type of service we encourage and I assure you also that we are addressing this situation with that individual. I am also pleased to read that you were impressed with another employee of ours which certainly promotes what the Radisson Sudbury is all about by being respectful and having a fun and enjoyable attitude.

Once again, your review was appreciated and I do hope that you will choose the Radisson again when your travels bring you back to Sudbury.

Respectfully,

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

the hotel is committed to meeting the needs of the guests in my opinion.
i tried to book a reservation on line but it showed my date as unavailable so I called directly and got my reservation.
asked for executive floor. usually that was 4th but i was put in 3rd. they said still executive floor. room a good size and bed comfortable. upon entering room however the air conditioning was on and the temp was 62F and freezing. i put the auto on adn hit the temp desired as 71...unfortuantley it never shut off and when i checked it was at 82. had to get that adjsuted. upon entering room ( again exec floor) no tissues. had to get them sent to the room
toilet ran a bot, but reproted that and I trust they will have it fixed immediately. room fairly quiet and wake up call went well

Room Tip: stay in executive floors, rooms better. has fridge witht 2 bottles of water
1 Thank jackiefrombrampton
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed in the Radisson Hotel Jan 2014. Area is a bit sketchy, but there is a lovely restaurant attached to the hotel. Both staff and food is excellent. Personally I prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan and being a regular traveler all over North America, it is often difficult to not only eat healthy, but to find good vegetarian and/or vegan meals. There are a few choices at Pesto's Italian Eatery. I had the chef's selection soup which was a charred tomato, red pepper soup which was delicious served hot and very flavorful. My entrée choice was a grilled polenta (which you rarely see and I typically never eat) served with a variety of perfectly grilled vegetables (sweet peppers, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, onions) and it was delicious!! Cudo's to the chef and the excellent choice for vegetarians. Nice comfortable bar to sit at if you are alone, several TV's with a variety of choices to watch. Nice, safe place for a woman to go by herself.

2 Thank Trish H