“co-workers from out of town visit and stay at this hotel”

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Sudbury, Canada
“co-workers from out of town visit and stay at this hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Being from Sudbury don't stay in hotels here but did visit one of the rooms..... Not sure what room others had or if this was a recent reno room. My co-worker was satisfied with the room and have to admit I really didn't see anything wrong with it. Joined the group at the hotel restaurant for breakfast the next morning. Some commented on great pillows fluffy yetnot firm if you sleep on your stomach......same person commented on an adjustable firmness system on her bed......now what a novel idea......never a too hard or too soft complaint and hey, both sides are adjustable so no disagreement......have to find out more about this......my moods and preference vary. Now the restaurant..... Was impressed at the portions for a hotel and presentation was equal to other hotels......too bad I'm paying for the sins of my past and now watching my calories, otherwise the eggs benedict would have been my choice. Went for the western.......thinking a small sandwich would be less calories......so much for that, it was thicker than expected, well toasted, ample veggies in it and I walked away satisfied. Price well, it is a hotel, but have paid a lot more in Toronto for the same or less.......Now, no I didn't pick in everyone's plate but generally, didn't hear any complaints, all cleaned their plates including the yogurt and fruit person.....LOL, a table joke....service, came close to being too long to deliver the food and yes the waitress is experienced, but I'm good with that, task oriented outweighs poor service with a smile..............ask and she was quick to oblige......at least she moves quick.......next time, the smiles may be there too.....maybe a criticism.......if you are going to give a 12.00 dollar voucher to guests......maybe write off the 71 cents or make your voucher a lucky number 13.........don't let them think they are being nickel and dimed....now that I have been there, if in a mood for a lower grease breakfast, will know where to go. This is not diner food.......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Radisson Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize if you felt that the $.71 that you mentioned was offensive in any way. I assure that our waitress was following company policy and because your breakfast exceeded the allotted value of the voucher it was her responsibility to collect the difference. I do hope that you understand as we do appreciate your business and constructive criticism.

Sincerely

Patrick Trihey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was worried to stay at this hotel as it used to be terrible, but when I came here this time, I was pleasantly surprised. The place was really clean, and the customer service at check in was quick and pleasant. When I got to the room I was more impressed. They are renovated and very clean. I am not a big fan of the sleep number bed, but the sheets were nice. The bathroom was very small but clean. The desk is strange as it is a glass desk so if you are a business user, the mouse doesn't work on it, so you need to use a piece of paper. They should provide mouse pads in room. The restaurant is gross, and I wouldn't eat there and the service is terrible. We were here for a conference and the facilities were dated in that respect but I brought my concerns about the restaurant and conference facilities to management, and I felt they truly listened. Customer service is a priority here. The pool facilities are clean and excellent too.

Room Tip: don't bother upgrading to business class rooms unless you want a bigger bed than the double, the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear mjhoc,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review, we truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve wherever possible. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us but I'm somewhat at a loss as you mentioned that our restaurant was less than appealing, I'm hoping that you are mistaken of restaurant as we just recently renovated that location and have invested a great deal of money for improvements. I do hope that you will be staying with us in the very near future and if there's anything I can do, it will be my pleasure in helping you anyway possible.

Regards

Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would have liked to rate this higher but can not in good conscious. Halls were lined with garbage when I arrived and still there hours after wards. Wires in room for what???? not sure but not even properly installed and exposed. Like spiders? Their are lots. Gouges in the carpet. Electrical plug ins are not installed properly. Noisy. Small rooms. water in tolite runs all the time. Only thing good is front staff is awesome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RSCK
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Radisson guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time in completing this review, as we value your feedback. I was extremely shocked to read your review as this is not the standard that we stand by. I would like to point out that I have shared your comments with our management team and are ensuring that this does not repeat itself. Clearly you felt that the room was not up to standard and I do hope that you shared your concerns with our team and if not it would have been difficult for us to correct the unfortunate situation. You made mention that there was a spider in your room, this can be easily explained as I believe that you rented a room with a Patio that opened up to the Courtyard which could possibly be the reason for the spider to appear in your room that day if the patio door was left open, as for the plug not installed correctly, I've instructed my maintenance team to ensure that this is repaired immediately as possibly something happened to shift the plug itself. It is unfortunate that you needed to write this review, as we would have preferred that you address this directly with myself or with one of my Managers as we stand proud of our newly renovated hotel. Never the less we are unable to correct your past experience but I am certainly prepared to offer you a complimentary night stay for a future date so that you can experience truly our great customer service and quality of product. Should you agree to my invitation, please feel free to contact me directly at 705-562-2631 at your convenience and it will be my pleasure to make your arrangements.

Once again we apologize for this unfortunate and isolated incident and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to make your next stay a memorable one.

Regards

Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is an old hotel showing its age and likely some years of scrimping on maintenance. Stairs and doors could use a fresh coat of paint.

The rooms are average size but housekeeping is hit and miss. Toiletries are sometimes replenished sometimes not or you might have to call to have the room attended to late in the afternoon.

Pesto’s Eatery is mediocre. Service is surly at breakfast with the waitresses running room service as well attending to customers. The food is so-so.

The front desk staff are unfamiliar with the computer system and make multiple mistakes. They are cheerful but sometimes give you the impression that they are harassed.

The Wi-Fi was on again off again.

I spent four nights at the Radisson. It did not have the feel of a home away from home. The Radisson can do better than this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank IntSommelier
Barry Ont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

While our stay at the hotel was brief, the front desk and staff were extremely professional and helpful. Staff was quick to point out various locations around the city. Our room was beautiful and the housekeepers very friendly. Our kids had a blast in the pool while we relaxed in the hot tub. We are planning a longer trip this summer and this will be the hotel of our choice.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for a quick family trip, the pool was fantastic and the hot tub was extremely relaxing... The staff from the front desk to cleaners were so welcoming and were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel for any families visit the Sudbury area as its so close to the downtown core and the movie theater is a stone throw away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are more spacious for larger family's.
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

After reading the reviews I excprcted a hotel who can and has handled large crowds with style and class. Unfortunatly we all have to be proven wrong from time to time, I shouldn't be upset that we arrived from a 12 hour bus trip at 1:00 and no rooms were ready till 3:00. that happens right I know so we shop and wait no biggy however my husband who was just trying to check in for us and had nothing else to do but see if our reserved room was maybe one of the ready ones. He was told very matter of factly to not come back to the desk till 3:00. Ok we can forgive that but here is one thing that makes no sense we arrived at 1:00 pm and hadn't eaten lunch and there was a restarunt right when you walk in that closed as soon as 50 hungry people who needed to wait happily somewhere came in. inexcusable really just dumb who closes for lunch.
we did get our room however it wasn't the one they said we would have we were expecting a king size bed we got two doubles hey not complaining we actually wanted that they said we couldnt have it so we reserved the king size bed. the only thing we didn't like was we were upaying more for the king size business suite then what we got so husband back to desk and he fixed with them took some convincing but they did change our price. yes mistakes happen but sometimes there is just what you call not thinking in a mess and we had people who could not handle the mess we brought working that day. forgot to let you know as soon as we got off the bus a lady was standing there telling us to take our bags to the room and she pointed to the restaurant "hey we have never been here before but I am not taking my bag to the restaurant" instead of revising her instructions she just kept saying the same thing we finnaly realized she was meaning down a hallway marked bathrooms someone tagged our luggage gave us a a matching piece of the tag and called it a safe place the thing is noone checked our tags when we came back for our luggage and the door was never locked. we were lucky nothing was taken in other words

Room Tip: no tips I couldn't hear anything in our room no loud neighbours that was nice