“Great Customer Service & Fantastic New Pool”

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The Radisson Hotel Sudbury provided me with one of the best stays I have ever had at a Hotel. From start to finish this hotel and its staff did not miss a beat. The service was exceptional, the people there really make you feel like a pampered guest. Everywhere you turn there is a friendly smile. My compliments to the chefs as well. I ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant (Pesto's) and both were amazing from the presentation of the food to the last bite. The beautiful brand new pool and hot tub was just the thing I needed to wind down before bed. I tip my hat to the Radisson Subury and the entire staff there for making this trip a hit from start to finish. I can't wait to find a reason to go back again!!! Thanks Radisson Hotel Sudbury, you know how to treat your guests!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank HR_GUY_10

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed overnight, I was on my way out west for a 3 day bus ride. Hotel Was close to the bus terminal had lots of shopping, staff was very helpful and friendly. i would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank KarenB50
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel in May of 2011; our children are ages 2, 5, and 8 - and they loved it as much as us.

We received an exceptional greeting upon arrival, and were immediately made to feel welcome. The concierge explained all of the amenities of the hotel as well as family activities that were located nearby. (As the hotel is attached to a shopping centre with a movie theatre there was something close by to please all of us!!).

Our room was impeccably clean, and well stocked with coffee, water, towels, etc... The bed was even more comfortable than ours at home!!!!

If you are traveling with children do not forget their bathing suits!!! They have the most beautiful pool (equipped with gorgeous waterfalls) - our kids loved splashing around in the pool every night, and had a blast with the waterfalls!!! The sauna also works extremely well and was also clean. Their gym was clean and very well equipped which pleased my husband tremendously (he is an exercise junkie!!!)

We had breakfast and dinner at the in - house restaurant, (I think it was named Pesto's); it's an Italian eatery that was delicious and well-priced.

Having grown up in Sudbury, I visit there quite often. This was my first time staying at the Radisson (we have stayed at many others over the years) and I will never stay at another hotel in Sudbury again as our experience from checking in to leaving was so wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Kalli_11
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed here with my 7 yr old son's hockey team, Our experience was awful. We found out 2 weeks before our arrival that the pool would be closed for scheduled maintenance...how disappointing for the kids. I'm sure the hotel knew when we booked a few months earlier that it was going to be closed but didn't tell us until it was too late to get another hotel. When I booked on line I requested a fridge for my sons medication, I also called 2 wks prior to arrival to make sure I was down for a fridge. When we arrived I was told sorry no fridges left- first come first served. Then we were given our rooms...in the basement, which was dirty and musty smelling. Big stains on the carpet and dirty old furniture on display. This just gets better, we then enter our room and the molding falls off the wall. I am so disgusted by this point I figure I should check the sheets- short black hairs in one and long curly hair on the pillow of the other. There was also hair all over the outside of the duvet cover probably from a dog but not sure, since we had been given pet friendly rooms. Our friends across the hall had a pet/smoking room. It's not that they put us down here because we were a hockey team because there were other teams on other floors. They gave us these awful rooms just to make more money - knowing that we probably would not take them being musty, dirty, smoking pet rooms if we were told that was all that was left. If it were not for my son wanting to be with his team we would have left immediately. After complaining housekeeping came and changed our beds and when we returned to our room later that evening we had a fridge, so that made us a little less angry. Since the pool was closed, they offered us free movie passes to the theatre in the mall attached to the hotel. We thought this was a nice gesture but later found out any guest can buy one for two dollars -so big deal. We will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank momof3hockeyboys
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We arrived in sudbury by greyhound and on the spot decided to find the nearest hotel. We made our way over to the radisson. We walked through the attatched shopping area which was fairly quiet and made up mainly of elderly people, as I was told there was a newer, bigger mall built close by, however, for the stat, what ever we needed was in there. We asked for a room for 2 nights, and the very well presented receptionist informed me that there was only a room available for 1 night. We took it and went to our room. The decor in the room was fairly old fashioned, but that was not an issue for us. First thing I did was check for bed bugs, of which I found none. The bathroom was plenty big enough and clean. We had some issues connecting to the wifi a few times, but it was fast when we got it going. The staff at the reception desk were excellent and helpful as well as being well presented. All in all, we were very satisfied with our stay and were well looked after not only on service, but also price. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Goose256
Reviewed November 30, 2010

After being turned away from the Fairfeild Mariott, we searched of a place to spend the night. We were 3 hours from home and we needed a place to stay. I went to the front desk and explained what had happend to me. The recptionist told me that she did not ever hear mention of any place not accepting a prepaid mastercard and that she had no problem at all accepting it. She was polite, friendly and helpful. Unformtunatly, the pool was undergoing renovations and therefor we could not use or see it. But i am looking forward to my next stay and I will definitly take a look and use the new pool. WE got a double bed room, it contained two double beds with sleep number beds. They were comfortable and warm. Linins were clean and snelled fresh. no dust or dirt in our room. There were plenty of towels and toilet paper for four people to stay. our room number was 219. Our neighbors were loud due to the party that was going on at the hotel that night. It kept one person awake for a bit, but we had no children with us and it really was no big deal. people get loud when they are partying. We probably would have partied too with some drinks if we werent already exhausted from our stress of the day.The front desk clerks gave us our high speed internet code, our receipts and even recommended a place for breakfest in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Diamyn
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I attended a conference at this location and everything was great. The location is downtown and close to many restaurants and other amenities. We were able to park in the parking garage and were very close to the entrance. The lobby was quite large, well lit and very clean. The meeting rooms we clean and well organized. The food was ok. Some of my collegues had an evening session with a dinner and said the food was amazing. I didn't stay at the hotel overnight but some of my collegues did. There were mixed reviews on the rooms themselves. Some people were very pleased, said that the bed was really comfy and the rooms were really clean. I only heard one negative comment about one of the rooms having an issue with the patio door and a noisy air conditioning/heating unit. Overall, a decent hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business