I booked my room at this hotel for my self and 2 travel buddies (1 room with 3 separate beds) directly over the phone and receiving a confirmation # from the reservation agent 3 days before leaving for our road trip. The night before our arrival in Sudbury I received a call from the manager stating that the room is no longer available and they would need to move us to their sister hotel next door - "Whaaat?" I have a confirmation # and my VISA to hold it?
* This is where it gets SCAMMY! It turns out that the family that owns this hotel also owns the "Sudbury Fireside Imperial Inn" next door which is a super old motel with outdated fixtures and furniture - just Slummy
The manager offers us a room in that hotel with 2 beds and a pull out to compensate for the "mix-up" for no extra charge. Oh Really? Going from a room with 3 full beds at a somewhat renovated hotel to a crumby hotel with 2 beds and a pull out at no extra charge - WOW!!!
They now have my VISA and I cannot cancel the "reservation" because I am inside the 24 hours before we were to arrive at the hotel where they didn't book the room anyway????
Here is what my buddies and I figured happened. We booked one night for the 3 bed room and then the hotel gets someone who wants that room (they only have one) and will take it for 2 or 3 nights $$$. We get bumped to the crappy hotel and they give our room to the roadworkers that were in it.
Needless to say - we had a CRUMBY sleep and I was the one who got stuck on a pull out bed in a room directly above the main office that stunk of smoke and old chinese food.
STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated and upgraded a Choice Group Hotel - EconoLodge,Located in mining town Sudbury Ontario.We are the closest hotel to the famous Big Nickel and Dynamic Earth. We are only a 10 minute drive to many of our beaches and parks as well as Ramsey Lake and Science North.Come stay in our lavish newly renovated rooms. All rooms include a large flat screen TV, fridge, microwave and coffee / tea maker. We also provide free high speed WiFi internet, continental breakfast, on site coin laundry, ample parking for even the largest of vehicles and an on site restaurant.Coming in for business? Our location is prime to keep you close enough to the city to making travelling easy but without being too close to the hustle of downtown. We are right on Hwy 55, close to Copper Cliff and Vale Inco.Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are here to assist with any of your needs and will strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn Sudbury
- Sudbury Knights Inn
- Econo Lodge Sudbury, Ontario