“Clean, Convenient and Caring!”

Valley Inn Motel Hotel
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Iroquois Falls
“Clean, Convenient and Caring!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The owners of this property work hard to give you the best service possible. My partner and I stayed here for a night. We were passing through on our way to Toronto via Blind River. Though we were late, check in was easy, and this is peak travel season for the North! We were given accurate directions to our room, though it was dark and the room numbers were difficult to see! I would recommend room number signs at the end of the pathways, but as a small business owner myself I appreciate the cost (and return) of investment into your property! Our room was a pleasant surprise. Upgrades were obvious with fairly new airconditioning units, great beds (new), fluffy pillows, clean sheets and bed coverings and an ample sized bathroom. Yes, there is paneling on some walls, yes the frig and microwave appear older, but there is a new flat screen television with satellite (East Link I think).
At 90.39 CAD (rate found on booking.com) tax incl you might expect much less, but this place is wonderful, clean, convenient (only 8 mins to the casino, 15-20 to downtown, right beside Tim Hortons, just down the road from Subway and Dairy Queen), and the lady working the front desk was very pleasant, helpful, and eager to please. To the owners of this property, I commend your efforts! You are doing a great job, you have a wonderful property, the customer service and option of continental breakfast were much appreciated. You can rest assured I will certainly recommend and revisit your beautiful hotel on Hwy 144!

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 133, great room IMO
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chillin_61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The beds were very comfortable, there was a small gym in the making, there was continental breakfast, staff was friendly and helpful. They could have added some fruit to the continental breakfast instead of only bread. And the room could have been cleaned better. We found items in the room that did not belong to us.

Room Tip: We had room 101 and it was 2 double beds, there was no noise while we were there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blind River
Reviewed November 5, 2012

These rooms were not newly renovated as stated or if they were I shudder to think what they were like previously. The bathroom facilities were sparse. The TV only had one speaker working which made it irritating trying to understand conversation. The location is not near any restaurants. The lighting was poor. I would not recommend staying here. I chose this place because it was close to where I had business (Azilda). I will stay in downtown Sudbury from now on and drive the extra 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Try another establishment
1 Thank Mike L
jitendra p, Owner at Valley Inn Motel Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks for staying at valley inn for 5 Night and not checked out after First night.You said sudbury is only 20 minutes away than what special thing made you stay at valley inn for extra 4 Night.Thank you again for choosing Valley Inn Motel & Suites Azilda for your recent stay in our area. It is Newly renovated, not Newly built, There is new carpet, new LCD TV, New Bedding, New sink and Bath tub surround, and new faucet. New Window and new Air conditioner. We have 5 Lights in rooms.I am inviting you to my place and prove any thing you write is true and whatever I said is wrong. You said there is no restaurants but we have Tim Horton right beside us and other three restaurant only One minutes drive. Anybody can search on google and check this.Who ever read this review Please do not misguide yourself , you can check before you rent rooms at my Motel, I will be very happy to do that and I will show you all rooms with proud. I can show long list of my all Reputable corporate customer to any of my guest on their request.
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I attended Trade School within walking distance to the Valley Inn, I was treated very well, I was here for 2 months and the rates were very affordable. The owners and staff treated me very well, the rooms were always kept clean and my privacy was respected. I'm scheduled to come back for more training in my trade and I will be making this my place to stay again.

Sincerely

Mike Room #107

2 Thank Mike P
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I booked room at this place when all sudbury was booked, I reached at valley inn at 2:00 am. Checked in in no time, found room is better than i expected, better than flaged hotel. Now this is the place for me when i go to sudbury. It is only a bit away from sudbury.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms
1 Thank Rodney J
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel’s location would have been perfect for us, and the price sounded good, but unfortunately we can’t rate the Room, Sleep Quality, or Cleanliness thanks to this motel operator who sold our reservation to a walk-in before 10 pm! (Either that, or he had overbooked.) We had reserved the room several weeks in advance and specifically said we would arrive late, but we secured it with our credit card so we didn’t worry. The operator claimed our card was invalid, though we’d used the same credit card at least 10 times that day for groceries, fishing supplies, ice, gas, a farmers market, etc. We ate dinner in Sudbury (used the same “invalid” credit card), and then arrived at the hotel to find we had no room. He also justified it because he said he couldn’t reach us. It was true our US cell phone turned out not so reliable in Canada, but we have never been left without a room like this and we’ve never even had a cell phone before. The operator’s wife offered to find a room for us in nearby Chelmsford, but it was their last room too and though they gave us a discount (yep – accepted same “invalid” credit card), it was absolutely by far the worst room we have EVER stayed in. This sort of unexpected shock, after a very long day of travel and in unfamiliar territory, is extremely stressful, even when on vacation.

Room Tip: Do NOT trust this operator to hold your room for late arrival, even with a credit card.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D A
Thank for your time to write a review when you not stayed at my Motel. You give me a wrong credit card Number to hold your rooms.( may be it was an honest mistake of hearing or writing or giving a credit card number). we called you at your phone number for three times to confirm your arrival, But there was nobody on that phone not even voice mail available on given phone number .Still to respect your reservation, we keep your room till 10:00 PM. and we decide to rent your room to another person because it was our last room left. at 10:15 PM while we renting our last room and you show up. we asked you to find you out a room at nearest place and offer you a rate difference if we have to pay. We tried to help in every possible matter but it is your bad luck that you got not nice room at another place. we are very sorry for all inconvenience.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel/motel. The room was clean and well equiped. The staff was friendly and very helpful. My TV had a problem and when I called the staff were at more door in two minutes. After not being able to determine the problem they quickly got me another (flat screen) TV and I was relaxing within five minutes after my long drive from Toronto. The price was very reasonable (one of the cheaper in the Sudbury area). This place is not a hole! I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo