“Excellent in all areas”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Rhodes Corner, NS
“Excellent in all areas”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed 4 nights here, and everything was great - cleanliness of all areas, staff friendliness, decent hot breakfast with many cold options, nice little bar for a night cap, comfortable bed, lots of closet space, good sized fridge and kitchen facilities, pool, perfect amenities for a 2 room suite, great parking, not a single complaint.

Room Tip: We looked at several that looked good, but the comments online were a deciding factor for this place...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
London, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel on a business trip. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
I found the rooms to be very comfortable, clean and efficient. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on!
The location is handy to restaurants and shopping. The breakfast is not bad. I didn't have the hot breakfast...it looked like processed food, but there was plenty of cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. which is normally what I eat anyway!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a clean, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The check-in was smooth and efficient. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite. It had all the amenities one would expect and was clean and tidy. However I was a bit dissapointed in the size of the room, which was just enough to fit a king bed and left me feeling claustrophobic. The design could have been improved ny reducing the space of the living area.THE BAD: We stayed on the 27th (breakfast was on the 28th). The entire fridge was full of EXPIRED yoghurt with a best before date of Sept 21, except for one or two yoghurts with Oct 12. For 6 days, guests must have been eating expired yoghurt, unbelievable. I am surprised nobody else noticed. I did inform the kitchen staff and they promptly replaced all the yoghurt. I have stayed at other Marriott properties before, and the breakfast selection was certainly lacking. The fruit didn't look particularly fresh. There was egg only one day, and it felt artificial. The second day had no eggs, just sausage and pancakes. When I asked, the staff did say they could cook omlette with cheese for me, which I much appreciated.Anyways, stay was ok, but food options should be improved.

1 Thank mintchoco
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I appreciate the feedback as it allows us to improve within every department, the dissatisfaction that you have experienced of the size of the One Bedroom Suite will definitely be suggested and passed along to the owners for future projects, we do have an alternative Two Bedroom Suite that is fairly larger sized and might be the option you would prefer for any future stays. I apologize profusely for the expired yogurt, this is certainly not acceptable and I ensure you that the proper actions were taken to ensure this inattention will not repeat itself along with the breakfast items were not up to the standards that you were expecting, we are definitely working on improving every aspect to accommodate every need of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any member of the management team for further feedback or suggestions to improve our establishment.
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have never stayed here before but I will stay here from now on. Talk about staff who care about customers, and this Towneplace Suites will be number 1.
Examples, last night I left my jacket with my car keys at the bar/restaurant next door. When I came to the lobby this morning and mentioned that to Nicole, she managed to call the owner of the bar at home and had them delivered to the front desk. Tonight as I sit on the patio enjoying a beer, Natasha, from the bar came out to ask me if I needed anything else. She asked my name and spoke about her family. Wow, when does that happen. All the staff are the same, very friendly.the rooms are also amazing. I will only stay here when in Sudbury. Love it

Room Tip: The back rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yesforscotland
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights while on business September 17-19 2013. Traveled to the University each day which took about 15 minutes in heavy traffic each morning. There are closer hotels but I prefer to stay in the Marriott chain as I'm never disappointed. Lots of places to each and shop just across the street.

Hotel was clean and the service was amazing. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites so you can't go wrong. larger size fridges allow you to bring drinks and sn...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kuzzy1967
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. The room was excellent with full amenities, clean and quiet. The added features, hot breakfast, snacks and water feature in the pool make it a great family destination.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I attended a wedding reception at the Townplace Suites in Sudbury in August and this has to be to worst location for a wedding in Sudbury, The reception room is too small for 90 people that the hotel allows in the room. The maximum should be 50 people unless you don't mind if your chair is 4 inch away from the next tables chair. Everyone has to move if you have to go out of the room. The hotel served cold food to everyone attending the wedding. Sudbury has many facilitiess that would provide a bigger room for 90 people and the food would be served hot. Stay away from the Townplace suite if you are holding a wedding unless you like cold food for dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Good Morning Don,

Thank you for expressing the concerns in regards to the event you had attended at our facility. We take great pride in our work along with service and standards. We do not have any in-house catering, this caterer was an outside caterer that was hired by the bride and groom themselves. Full responsibility for the food, along with presentation and temperature was contracted through the party and the personal catering company they had hired. Unfortunately this reflects poorly on our establishment and we will pass along this information to the catering company for feedback on the type of service that was provided to the guests attending the Wedding. A detailed floor plan along with suggestions from our Catering department were made to the party for spacing, this is the Bride and Groom's special day and we are dedicated to honouring the wishes of the party and what specifications they want. We have had countless successful meetings along with social events. I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the dissatisfaction you had experienced and I apologize profusely, we will take this feedback and ensure proper satisfaction for all of our guests for any future functions or social gatherings. Please do not hesitate to contact myself if you have any further feedback to provide.