“Fantastic hotel! No restaurant”

TownePlace Suites Sudbury
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic hotel! No restaurant”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

All units in this hotel seem to have a kitchenette in them. With a full fridge, dishwasher and oven. Great if you are staying for more than a couple nights. The mattresses seem to be a bit old as they were not that comfortable. There was lots of space if you are having friends or colleagues over. The internet connection is very very slow. There is no restaurant onsite but they do have a snack centre. And just a 5 min walk away is the MIC restaurant. Food there is good! And they were very accommodating to food allergies. Overall great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
ontario
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It can be describes as a nice mini apartment/ suite. Our room had a king bed, sofa bed, kitchen with cooktop, dishwasher, fridge with freezer, dishes, etc. Great for travelling when you want to bring in food to eat in your room. It is very clean. Reception was very friendly and so was the other staff we encountered. Did not use the pool but noticed there was a slide. Only minor thing was when the toilet was flushed in the room above us - It was like an Archie Bunker toilet flush.
It is very close to big box stores including a Costco, and restaurants. It will be our first choice to stay next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank misslindy
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites steady clients, and have probably stayed at over 25 of these hotels over the past few years. There are several reviews criticizing the front desk and their service levels. We have found the complete opposite. The front desk people , Lori, Melanie, Nicole, were over the top in their service and went way beyond the call of duty in accommodating us and providing extra service. The hotel and the rooms are spotless. The plates and cutlery in the dining area are not plastic which I have never seen at a TPS. They offer a complimentary dog walking service which I haver never seen anywhere, including five star hotels, unless perhaps if you pay s small fortune for this service. The pool is clean , the exercise room has modern equipment, and the laundry room is kept very clean. During the week the hotel caters primarily to business people so it was very quiet which was great. The dining area has a lounge within it which is very nice. We would stay only at this hotel if we were again in Sudbury. The location is great - it is within walking distance of a big mall which has Costco, Marshalls, Winners, Old Navy, etc. Also, regular nice grocery stores are within a five minute drive.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toronto_CanadaSharon
Ontario
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've stayed here many times for work, has all the amenities. Read another review about hockey teams staying there, I have been there but honestly weekends in Northern Ontario are made for hockey and I only wish when I was travelling with my son we had suites such as this to stay at. There was a friendly atmosphere as it seemed that a lot of people were there on longer term stays. There was entertainment the night I was there was a pleasant surprise! I look forward to many more stays! And it's a bonus that it's a Marriott chain hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a business/fun trip and brought my family.
There was a few hockey teams staying here the same nights and the noise was terrible. The kids themselves were slamming doors until almost midnight, then the adults proceeded to scream, cuss and drink---as luck would have it--in the room adjoining ours. My kids woke up numerous times through the night, and hotel personnel came up three times even before we called them at 3:15 am. Needless to say it was difficult to wake up at 6:30 for work.

The next day, when we expressed our displeasure, they moved us up to the top floor where there would be less noise. We had to repack everything and had to wait untill the regular check-in time to finally get there, but we slept that night.

Overall, they helped us out the next day, but more needs to be done with loud, drunk, obnoxious people who disrupt everyone else. I understand they are unlikely to boot someone out on the street in the middle of the night, but a fine...a discharge to another hotel the next day...something.

• Stayed March 2013
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at the Towneplace Suites earlier in the month as I was in town on work and I was pleasantly surprised at a couple of things.

First of all, the room was very spacious and well set-up. The kitchen was excellent although I didn't really have a chance to use it since I was pretty much at work for most of my stay. I was pretty happy with the hot breakfast selection and location-wise it was pretty decent for me.

My one complaint is that on the Saturday, they had a serious shortage of housekeeping staff and so when I did get back to my room late at night, it hadn't been cleaned. This didn't bother me that much since I was traveling alone and kept pretty clean but it certainly would bug me if I was here with young kids. I just wish they had offered something like extra Marriott Reward points to make up for this but certainly a minor point.

Overall, an excellent place to stay and I am sure I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Timmins, ON
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great hotel with large rooms with full kitchen. Bathroom products were nice. Kitchen was stocked with dishes and utensils. Lobby is tiny and a nice warm and cold breakfast is served in the bar next to the lobby. My only thing that upset me was a vanilla scented candle that was burning on the check in desk at the lobby. For those who are scent-sensitive, it's a turn off. I don`t know if that's a chain thing or just a front desk clerk decision. It won`t stop me from staying here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor and could here the buses rumbling at the garage next door. Perhaps a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business